3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

208 Replies, 130035 Views

what's the point off cutting the C-hubs they don't get in the way there's plenty of clearance with the shafts? I'd be more interested to find out if yokomo caster blocks fit I think they go up to 12* or so?
(11-06-2012, 09:23 PM)pickled Wrote: what's the point off cutting the C-hubs they don't get in the way there's plenty of clearance with the shafts? I'd be more interested to find out if yokomo caster blocks fit I think they go up to 12* or so?

Removing the C-Hub not only allows for more steering angel, but it allows you to do something called King-pin inclination. Which ultimately increases your steering angle even more. It sort of looks like caster but from what I'm reading in the other forums is that it doesn't. MS-01 and FS-01 chassis have this from the factory.

Also to answer your question about the turnknuckles. That's probably what he didn't do. But then again I never never really had to do that either and my turnknuckles adjust nicely. But I will take that into consideration and suggest that to him so he can do it himself. =)
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
I got full angle on mine, the steering wipers touch the bulkhead. you'd have to change the steering wiper cross bar, lower A arm (to move the shock more inboard out of the tyres way) & maybe the knuckle assembly to get greater steering angle? But I'd like to know more on the topic
Yeah I changed my ball ends so I could adjust them easier!
How do you do the inclination mod? and why not just buy the mst front knuckles if they are done from factory?
[Image: sam1312x.jpg][Image: sam1311b.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012, 12:45 AM by pickled.)
I agree yokomo parts are over priced I paid $26 for a DRB idler pulley to use as a tensioner.
Great to see another forum on this chassis.building mine when the one way and tensioner arrive
hey tworrs hows it goin'?

I can see now what you're talking about with the C-hubs even in the pics I posted above the knuckle is touching the hub. I'm looking into getting a set of MST alloy front knuckles but they are very costly, like 50 bucks. I can see the merits in deleting the hubs now and adding the king pin inclination mod!
(11-07-2012, 01:33 PM)pickled Wrote: hey tworrs hows it goin'?

I can see now what you're talking about with the C-hubs even in the pics I posted above the knuckle is touching the hub. I'm looking into getting a set of MST alloy front knuckles but they are very costly, like 50 bucks. I can see the merits in deleting the hubs now and adding the king pin inclination mod!

where did you source the center bar from? That steering looks damn near R31 territory and zero ackerman by the way. Good job on the work there. You can buy the plastic version for way cheaper and not be as hurt when you modify them to the extreme. Here's a pic.

[Image: 548843_426693434060754_1981903319_n.jpg]
Props to mitto for posting the pic and sharing his vast knowledge.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
It's stock? the angle comes from the CVD's I'm using (TRF Double Cardin) and thanks. I found a plastic set on ebay for $15 got to wait for funds, I spent this weeks RC parts allowance (lol) already. Got to keep the misses happy by not spending too much every week. If I had my way we'd go hungry so I could get everything I want lol.

Man that has some extreme Steering angle

I just found a plastic set of mst knuckles for $9.50 inc postage, so I bought em. And another set of C-hubs for $9.10 inc postage lol so I can carve up the old pair and keep the new ones incase I want to go back to the way it is!
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM by pickled.)
Yeah that's on ebay the seller is alpina1014 if it was official it would be on the 3racing site! I asked him last time he had it up if it was legit he said all 3racing parts but not long after he took it off. The upper and lower decks are only fibre glass not carbon! He's basically used D3 parts on custom decks. I thought about getting 1 when he had them priced at $189 now he is selling it for about $212 I think off the top of my head. if you look closely the battery position is in the wrong place. He probably has access to the material and cut his own design
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 07:26 AM by pickled.)
I wonder if we could use the FF carbon chassis deck? 3racing FF carbon lower deck
[Image: picture.php?image=SAKF03WO.jpg&max_width...height=210]
just an idea?