Active Hobby STR114B FR Drive Conversion Kit

64 Replies, 16872 Views

Anyone tried this setup before???

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/rc-...n-kit-blue
[Image: 527658_318150278265465_2001307640_n_zps3e799a87.jpg]
Looks good.. Might be an option for me in the future when I fully convert to rwd.. Nice find.. In the pics the front looks to be driven by a gear not a belt.. Is my eyes deceiving me?
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 07:50 AM by Combat_Drftr.)
(04-12-2013, 07:48 AM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: Looks good.. Might be an option for me in the future when I fully convert to rwd.. Nice find.. In the pics the front looks to be driven by a gear not a belt.. Is my eyes deceiving me?

Yeah seems to be a gear yeah?!? I would love to know more about this setup and why we don't see it much? there must be a reason! Price id say would be the first, its the same as buying a complete chassis. And its 4wd and rwd that's what sold me on it, Iv'e known about this conversion for a while now, but have just realised I don't see it posted much, This with the new active arms,caster block,cvd's would be a awesome combo

This is the only forum like info i could find on it  http://blog.active-online.shop-pro.jp/?cid=28168  all in broken google translated to  English lol hahah
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM by DriftStright.)
(04-12-2013, 11:39 AM)DriftStright Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 07:48 AM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: Looks good.. Might be an option for me in the future when I fully convert to rwd.. Nice find.. In the pics the front looks to be driven by a gear not a belt.. Is my eyes deceiving me?

Yeah seems to be a gear yeah?!? I would love to know more about this setup and why we don't see it much? there must be a reason! Price id say would be the first, its the same as buying a complete chassis. And its 4wd and rwd that's what sold me on it, Iv'e known about this conversion for a while now, but have just realised I don't see it posted much, This with the new active arms,caster block,cvd's would be a awesome combo

This is the only forum like info i could find on it  http://blog.active-online.shop-pro.jp/?cid=28168  all in broken google translated to  English lol hahah

one reason is that active hobby parts can get expensive. also this was one of the very first front motor conversion chassis available. thats why it is priced higher than most newer kits and conversions. Its a conversion and not a complete kit so donor parts are needed + hopup option parts . add everything up and you could have bought an mst fs01 or maybe even a yok. but i still would like one of these myself....
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 05:40 PM by rudeboy03.)
I was checking these out when I bought my Fr-d v1.1, the problem is before hop ups your looking at a 520 - 550 usd or more depending the route you take, price tag with shipping.. and im not really sure on the design, a open gear diff in the front end is asking for trouble if you ask me, well on the surfaces I run anyways. Now If you had access to a carpet track all year long... oh and if you had a donor ta-06 or ota-r31 just sitting around.. lol now were talking.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM by Piper.)
I wonder why Active decided to go gearing for the front end and not belt? maybe because of the 4wd and rwd conversion?
The rear of a TA06 uses gears to drive the rear, which I'm guessing is incorporated on the front, since the gears are not listed as what's included in the kit. You can easily convert the front end to a belt drive. Also, Active Hobby kept FR enthusiasts in mind when creating this chassis as well, although I haven't seen any FR setups.. Here is the front belt conversion mod.

http://csjunkies.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2216

From what I have read, these are a good chassis. You can run a relatively high cs ratio, around 2.1-2.3 and still have it perform quite like a 1.8cs chassis. As for what kept this chassis conversion from going big, my guess is it's probably the price, and the lack of information about it. Outside of Japan, there probably aren't a lot of people (I didn't say all) that want to throw $350 on top of a $200 TA06 pro(or $150/180 TA06). Especially when they can buy something cheaper overall from MST/Eagle Racing. With the amount of information on Eagle Racing conversions and MST chassis on the web, you know what to expect when you buy one. I know there is someone on these boards who's currently building one up slowly, I forget the username though. Azn 2nr I think?

Here's just about a full option TA06 from Active Hobby. Quite a good looking chassis if you ask me. I've mulled over buying one of these TA06 conversions a few times, but ultimately decided against it each time.

http://csjunkies.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2724
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013, 05:23 AM by GenkiRF.)
(04-13-2013, 05:11 AM)GenkiRF Wrote: The rear of a TA06 uses gears to drive the rear, which I'm guessing is incorporated on the front, since the gears are not listed as what's included in the kit. You can easily convert the front end to a belt drive. Also, Active Hobby kept FR enthusiasts in mind when creating this chassis as well, although I haven't seen any FR setups.. Here is the front belt conversion mod.

http://csjunkies.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2216

From what I have read, these are a good chassis. You can run a relatively high cs ratio, around 2.1-2.3 and still have it perform quite like a 1.8cs chassis. As for what kept this chassis conversion from going big, my guess is it's probably the price, and the lack of information about it. Outside of Japan, there probably aren't a lot of people (I didn't say all) that want to throw $350 on top of a $200 TA06 pro(or $150/180 TA06). Especially when they can buy something cheaper overall from MST/Eagle Racing. With the amount of information on Eagle Racing conversions and MST chassis on the web, you know what to expect when you buy one. I know there is someone on these boards who's currently building one up slowly, I forget the username though. Azn 2nr I think?

Here's just about a full option TA06 from Active Hobby. Quite a good looking chassis if you ask me. I've mulled over buying one of these TA06 conversions a few times, but ultimately decided against it each time.

http://csjunkies.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2724

Thanks heaps for those links and info! it seems the guys who brought it are really happy with its performance overall, I'm going to get this puppy 1st, and then buy a 06 hahaha!! '
Active online has a Xmas special with these convert ion kits for 100$
I couldn't help myself so I bought one. 123.50$ shipped.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 03:47 PM by RubHamuSan.)
This puts my RWD project on hold for a while. Just got it also, thanks for the info. Too good to pass up on this deal.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD