Cyclone S,TC

6 Replies, 2631 Views

Just Scrolled the 2 pages and there's only one thread that talks about the cyclone Chassis. I know its an old discontinued chassis but but they're are still out there and alot of parts for them too. i have one and i would like to know a few more things in how to make it slide better, handle better and also cross reference in parts as well if there's any, also website's witch they support parts for the chassis. and peoples opinion of the chassis and mods you have seen or done to yours. Yes other forums talk about it to but i don't know alot yet so if there is anything that will be useful about the cyclone in a different forum post a link or copy it too here. I rather have all the useful information for drift specs about the cyclone in one forum, instead of signing up in a bunch of forums that are not drift related.

this one is mine but this will give you the idea of the cyclone chassis in how it looks and what other chassis it looks like.

i still dont know how to put more then 5 photos Sad
Nice Cyclone you have got dude.
(01-28-2015, 05:44 AM)Eddie  Gurera Wrote: Nice Cyclone you have got dude.

Thanks man, ya i got pretty lucky with it. If the guy wouldn't have traded me the co2 tank i would have never gotten a rc car, its fun messing around with it. but i want to upgrade the whole rear part now, and i would want to get aluminum control arms but i havent had any luck finding anything, i wonder if theres another chassis that i can use.

i also want to buy or mod my rear diff ? or whatever its called in the rc world. i read something about it that you can use tape but i really dont get it yet.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2015, 04:18 PM by Arturo.)
if i remember correctly, i think these can share some suspension parts with ta05 tamiya chassis. also check D-styles on youtube. most info i could find when i had my hara cyclone tc.
for upgrades i suggest front one way and solid rear spool. also these chassis are great( i like em better than the newer sprint 2) for drifting. just do some research and im sure youll find what you want . google is your friend.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2015, 04:44 PM by rudeboy03.)
(01-28-2015, 04:44 PM)rudeboy03 Wrote: if i remember correctly, i think these can share some suspension parts with ta05 tamiya chassis. also check D-styles on youtube. most info i could find when i had my hara cyclone tc.
for upgrades i suggest front one way and solid rear spool. also these chassis are great( i like em better than the newer sprint 2) for drifting. just do some research and im sure youll find what you want . google is your friend.

thanks man Smile ill check out the ta05 tamiya then. and as for the spools thanks i have heard about that i wonder if mine are even upgraded or stock. does it matter on brands ? and ill check out D-styles on youtube. Smile ya i really like my cyclone its a fun toy to drift with haha
i need help finding a one way diff or spool for my cyclone S, i need like a whole new assembly cause the one i currently have is the stock one, and its broken inside. Hpi has there own nice aluminum one for the sprint. would that work or is there a better one i can get ? also sense im getting all new what tooth spec would be a good recommendation ? i dont know any of this so any help will be appreciated. thanks
Cyclone is an awesome chassis, i have done a lot of competition with it and did great.
The only problem that i had was the steering rack and thats why i changed to a TC-D (Wich shares the whole front and rear end with the Cyclone TC).
But that was a couple years ago when there where not a lot of options. I think you can mod a slide rack in there without much problem and then you could have a great chassis.

HPI makes 6 degree caster hubs and jet racing makes 8 degree caster hubs.
But imo if you going to invest in some parts do a c-hub delete (Aka type-C), works much better then stock arms.

The stock HPI Cyclone Oneways are awesome, never had any problems with those so try to find one of those.
Same for the spools. Most other company's parts aren't as good as these.

For countersteer options, you could use the TC-D/TC-FD countersteer set that HPI sells only can't use the belts.
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/61788
But you need the center pulley axle from the Cyclone TC because the S uses pins instead of grubscrews.
Or just buy the 32t pulley from that set:
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/61792
And buy the center pulleys from another company, thats probably cheaper in the end.

[Image: IMG_9185.JPG]
Old photo but this was my Cyclone.

And here you can see the c-hub delete that i did on my TC-D (Sorry for the dirtyness Tongue )
[Image: IMAG0731]
3racing Cyclone S shocktower (This has vertical mounts for the upper arms), Wrap-up next lower arms and Yokomo driftpackage upper arm mounts.

There is some Cyclone info on our teams blog, a team mate and me used both a Cyclone.
http://wreckitsideways.com/tag/cyclone/
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 01:09 AM by DarkSupra.)