Ebbi's ULWB Lexus GS400h 'Suigintou'

14 Replies, 5243 Views

Hey all,
I've had this shell sitting here for awhile and finally got round to start building it!
It's a 290mm wheelbase loooooooooooonnnnggggggg limo of a Lexus GS 400h by streetjam.
I've also gotten the aero kit for it too! which means a lot of cutting (something i realised i hate about making shells), but it does look very cool.
Painting will start soon! (today hopefully!). Like my other shells, this is going to be a D1-inspired design with itasha. Colour will be a very simple pearl white with iridescent green/purple tinge. enjoy!
[Image: B1w8n4t.jpg]
[Image: uIuj2Fb.jpg]
[Image: v1ubv2S.jpg]
[Image: X34sjH1.jpg]
Lexan offcuts galore
[Image: xgdeMz4.jpg]
[Image: pgNNjza.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014, 05:05 PM by Ebbicake.)
Subbed! Did that wing come with the body?
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread:^^:

thanks, man.
nah i got the wing from R2hobbies.com
it's their new range of carbon-look wings. basically all just copies of the yokomo ones that comes in their individual kits just in carbon finish. nice and cheap (Y)

Sorry for lack of update, haven't gotten round to painting yet - had a drift meet over the weekend and received some upgrades for the chassis this will go on :3 check it out here --> http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-ebb...-zeon-mkiv
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
This is going to be sick.
ok so haven't painted it yet, but i have been getting busy at fitting the Aero kit!
She's HUGE. makes those Overdose XSA rims look like caster wheels >.<
[Image: c6hghkk.jpg]
[Image: ZiT7jxW.jpg]
[Image: 8fHVAWD.jpg]

aero kit has been a hassle to fit. instructions on where to cut bumpers is really iffy and cuttouts for the vents on either side are really difficult to get right... mark down for steetjam there
otherwise, now that i have it fit, it looks amazing. really aggressive :3
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
Late night update guys!
Finished painting!! I guess once I start stuff, I find it hard to stop... >.>
Colour is iridescent green/purple backed in Pearl White. I find the iridescent colour gives an extra bit of depth to the white, which is my favourite colour for all RC shells. Highlights are done in Gunmetal grey. I painted the gunmetal on the outside of the shell so I could utilise the lovely sheen texture of raw gunmetal paint :3
Next on the list is D1 stickers to fill up the right side of the car. and then Light kit. I have had some LED running lights sitting in my boxes that i forgot about that i'll probably add into the front to give that signature Lexus LED running light look.
She's a long body! and adding the wing doesn't help it's length out in anyway >.<
anyway enough chitchat here's pics:
[Image: LgpFgov.jpg]
[Image: joYxPPd.jpg]
[Image: ZewbAL4.jpg]
sorry for shoddy quality, i'll take better pics with my DSLR when it's all done! thanks!
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
Looks hot as ffffffff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
How did you get the black sticker on? Are they maskings or stickers?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Stickers? which black stickers? there aren't any black stickers

Updates! I FINISHED
hell, streetjam didn't really give the greatest amount of thought into this aero kit! it's a bit fiddly and areas are actually impossible to paint (the front splitter sections esp!). otherwise i managed alright in the end. Probably not my best executed shell ever, but looks cool and proved the theory i was testing! All shoo goo'd up now and sticker'd up as well.
Added light kits with active braking lights and Angel Eye LED's up front to complement the blue Lexus Hybrid system.
might get some dark shots too

here you go:
[Image: TYE1pSU.jpg]
[Image: agbZEVK.jpg]
[Image: C3R9OqE.jpg]
[Image: udaiEyt.jpg]

only thing left to do now is just to polish up some of those rougher edges and give a bit more detail to the rear end with those vents and exhausts. Might do some LED exhaust lights and some mesh to fill in the vent areas. Otherwise i'm fairly happy with it ^_^
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
oh damn it.

Mine is almost finished being painted.... pearl white with gun metal accents.... i just dont have all the stickers, going VIP Style. yours look so rad.

i also agree with what you said about painting, its almost impossible to paint inside the front bumper, such a shame.