RC926 Shock Towers on Type C?

7 Replies, 2057 Views

Snapped a tie rod on the upper arm the other day. Since I had to order some new ones decided to get some RC926 goodies (shock towers etc.). Unlike the Yokomo Aluminum D-048 shock tower, there is no thread on the tower to hold the hinge pin in and the hinge pin sticks way out past the tower (see photo below). Been told that need to run WUN upper arms or TN Racing Upper Arm Pin. Anyone got a pic of the WUN arms or the TN pins mounted? Does the rear arm mount get removed when using the WUN upper arms?

[Image: vnlf86.jpg]
I had the RC926 front shock tower + WUN upper arm combination on my FR-D and it doesn't need the rear arm mount because it cantilevers from the front shock tower. I'll try to dig up pictures.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Just use the MST FXX-D S control arm bushings. Works like a charm and it holds the pin tight enough that it doesn't fall out. The bushings are super cheap too.

[Image: 14329416_1217026318342298_1421086111_o.jpg]

[Image: 14359734_1217026348342295_338679676_o.jpg]
The pins seem tight enough even without adding bushes. Ended up putting the Yoko tower back on for now. I've order some WUN arms anyway. Hopefully they will arrive early next week.
Finally got the WUN arms in however I'm very limited on mounts on the tower as the arm hits the gearbox/bell crank brace. Stock position is somewhere around the lower inner hole but got no hope there. Can mount on the lower outside but will probably have to get shorter turnbuckle and ball cups as makes for positive camber because the arm is longer and wider than the stock arm. Searched around on google and forums but can't see to find pics of these mounted on a awd type c, seem to be mostly bought for rwd.

[Image: 2cnilx5.jpg]

[Image: iz5lj9.jpg]
If you replace the cap-head socket screws with button-head socket screws, you will find you have a bit more clearance in relationship to the chassis stays.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Might actually have some of them. Wouldn't happen to know if the Overdose Upper Arms mount in the standard location at all? They seem smaller going via pics.
http://driftmission.com/overdose-aluminu...for-typec/
Don't think they would work anyway with the RC926 shock tower as no thread on shock tower. Might be good excuse to go rwd.