Quick question on the speed passion reventon s esc

17 Replies, 8040 Views

So I just ordered the speed passion reventon s 3500kv brushless motor with esc. The one that rcmart offers. I noticed that the esc has a connection for lipo batteries. My question is, is it neccassary to use a lipo battery with this esc? Or can I cut it off and solder the white connector nihm batteries use? I ask because all my batteries and charger are for nihm type batteries. Thanks for any help given.
You can use nimh batteries. Just make sure to turn off the low voltage cutoff (lvc)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Got it. Thanks for that info. I searched and found connectors where one side is the lipo connector, and the other is a tamiya connector. Would this be sufficient to use instead of cutting off the lipo connector? Eventually I do want to make the transition to lipo.
Comes with T-plugs soldered. I cut mine and soldered Tamiya plugs and using Nimh with no issues. You can always cut and solder another plug later on. You'd be surprised with how smooth this esc and motor combo is for a nonsensored motor.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 07:26 AM by lougc8.)
That's good news to hear. For the price I couldn't find a reason to not get it.
Don't forget that battery type does not mean you're limited to one type of plugs.
Any plugs can be soldered onto any battery.
The only thing you should be aware of with batteries and plugs, is polarity and how many amp the plug can handle before it melts.
From my experience, never run tamiya plugs with Lipo or any nimh with higher capacity than 5500mah.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
I haven't had any tamiya plugs melt yet. Hopefully I keep that streak going.
It sounds like he is talking about the sensor connection on the esc. Or I maybe mistaken the question.
*TAMIYA* TA05 GRT CS Ratio: 2.14 /TB03 3RACING CONVERSION
*HPI* RS4 3 Stage D conversion/Savage 21/Savage XS/Trophy Truggy*Mamba Monster*
I am talking about the connection on the esc. I noticed its a connector for lipo batteries. But I don't have lipo batteries. I noticed it after I bought it.
How much did it total out to? I was thinking of getting one myself! Or any better suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk