Sugestions

6 Replies, 2272 Views

I don't know if any of you guys remember me from a few months ago, basically I'm just getting into RC's. I had some things come up in the past few months and was never able to finish throwing together my chassis (MST MS-01DS). Anyways, from what I've read in the instruction manual and what not, all I'm missing to have it running is the motor, esc, servo, and a battery and charger.. I'm still relatively new to all of this, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at to be completely honest, I was looking though motor/esc combos, but I'm not sure what compatible and what exactly I should be searching for power wise. I haven't really looked into servo's all that much, I'm really not sure what to look for in this department either. Same story with batteries and chargers, I'm kinda lost. I'd love for someone to drop some knowledge on me and maybe suggest some stuff, I'm still kinda on a budget, I'd like to be able to buy everything I need for around $200, but I don't wanna screw my self over in the long run. Thanks in advance to anyone with some insight, it's much appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 10:23 PM by asorbus.)
I'm pretty new to this all too
I took the easy route out and went with the rtr kit, but i did swap out some stock stuff
I bought the speed passion combo (esc + motor), for about 100 usd. They're sensorless, and I heard that's the way to go
You can get it from either Ebay or rcmart

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Passion-Br...27dc85f222

In terms of batteries and chargers, I went with some hobbyking ones.
From there I picked up a power supply, a turnigy accucell charger, and a 5000mah zippyflight battery, totaled around 77 usd

Hobbyking lipo come with HXT plugs (at least mine did), so i had to order an alligator to deans plug converter to plug it into my car, and an XT60 to banana adapter to plug it into the charger

or you could just kill the middleman and replace the battery's plug with a deans.

In terms of radios and servos, I can't help you very much, im still running the stock parts, but i hear that this is a good transmitter:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

Hope that helps a bit
Go to rcmart. They usually have killer deals on speed passion sensored combos... Idk what the price is now tho. Ive seen a 6.5t sensored combo (prolly to much for drifting) for like $70. Servos u can find good $50 ones like the futaba 7966hb or an airtronics one same price off amainhobbies.then the radio I can recommend the stock hpi sprint2 1.. it works well imo.. nothing too special but u can pick one up from ebay for cheap
yeap^^^^^^ get a Speed Passion combo at rcMart. they have:

ESC reventon S + 3500 kv motor brushless + fetched 0.07 sec digital servo for $65 "drift profile" USB to pc card.
http://www.rcmart.com/speed-passion-3500...=1100_1251

if you are new to this, get a 5000mah nicd battery ($35)

good luck broski
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
What's the difference between sensored and sensorless? Would the speed passion esc/motor/servo combo be the best idea or would I be better off dishing out a little more money in the long run? Also, how do I go about figuring out the power aspect when it come's to motors? Thanks guys, I feel a little less lost, I just really wanna make sure I invest the money into stuff that I'm gonna regret having bought.
I will always recommend sensor setups over sensorless. Cogging and bad starts riddle sensorless setups

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(04-23-2014, 11:22 PM)robb41488 Wrote: I will always recommend sensor setups over sensorless. Cogging and bad starts riddle sensorless setups

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So would what DJ recommended be my best option?