Why does motor sound like this?

15 Replies, 4929 Views

Should the space be just enough to pull the paper through withput ripping it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I made it a littlr looser but the gears didnt grab each other. I was thinking if its worth getting the carbon gear spur. Not sure if this stock one is carbon or full plastic

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 02:56 AM by DELxJCdriftteam.)
Yes, if you get a really long strip of paper you should be able to remove the paper just by pulling on it.

Don't pull hard, just enough to pull it out. When it comes out it should be in a perfect back and forth fold, no straight portions, no small folds, no rips.

If it's really loud you should tighten it. That means the gears are smacking each other and making a sound.
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 03:36 AM by Super0dp.)
So turns out i had the belt OVER that metal bearing instead of under it. The bearonf by the belt tensioner. Once i moved it everythinf was much more quiet and smoother. Hahaha. I didnt realize until i was watching a youtube video of hopups

Wow. I totally forgot about belt tension. Fail on my part.

If you moved the mesh again, go ahead and reset it with the paper trick you did earlier.

Glad to have helped!

Stay sideways my friend.
Thanks for all your help man. I may be PMimg you if i need more help if you dont mind

Yea man no problem. If I don't get back to you very fast it's because I have limited internet access and I am in Japan so my time table is a little screwed up.

Cool thing is I heard a legit drift car and walked around and found a dude running a RX-7 FC with a twin turbo and real sleepy headlights.