Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 24 Hours of Lemans
I can't watch it out here but I've been on the comp most of the day refreshing a live blog. I tried live streaming but it was so choppy it was unwatchable.

That said anyone else into this? I'm an Audi lover so this is one of my annual "superbowls". The Toyota's aren't looking bad at all but nobody can beat the experience of the Audi squad.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

How long you been watching for? I remember when Audi started looking into 24 hours, BMW and Porsche won, then Audi introduced a new car and it was basically game over... after that it was total Audi domination. Toyota came close this year, only 1 lap off... I was cheering for Toyota to win. Too bad so many manufacturers dropped enduro/LMP1. It's typically Audi vs whoever decides to challenge them that year (or two)

It was an unfortunate race this year though, such a tragic accident so early into the race. RIP Allan Simonsen.

Unrelated, I wish Volkswagen Group would move into F1 with Porsche instead of LMP1.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(06-24-2013, 04:44 AM)GenkiRF Wrote:  How long you been watching for? I remember when Audi started looking into 24 hours, BMW and Porsche won, then Audi introduced a new car and it was basically game over... after that it was total Audi domination. Toyota came close this year, only 1 lap off... I was cheering for Toyota to win. Too bad so many manufacturers dropped enduro/LMP1. It's typically Audi vs whoever decides to challenge them that year (or two)

It was an unfortunate race this year though, such a tragic accident so early into the race. RIP Allan Simonsen.

Unrelated, I wish Volkswagen Group would move into F1 with Porsche instead of LMP1.

Ive been into the 24hrs for a while actually. It's always been my favorite motorsports race. From the Porsche 962's from way back in the day, the Mercedes Sauber C9, the Mazda 787 those cars from the past stick out to me. When McLaren changed things with the F1 I got back into it all over again. Because of that car we saw some crazy street legal race cars in the later 90's. The Porsche GT1, Mercedes CLK GTR, , Toyota GT One, Panoz GTR (a real life batmobile!), Nissan R390 just to name what comes to mind.
I love the Lemans prototypes. Probably more than any other type of racing does tech from this type trickle down to street cars.

it was in 99 that Audi dipped their toes in the 24hrs for the 1st time. They fielded 4 cars (2 R8R open tops and 2 R8C coupes) The R8C's didn't fare so well but the R8R'sm proved reliable and were improved leading to the domination by Audi for the next decade. Except for Peugeot's win a few years ago its been a all Audi all the time. The Bentley win in 2000 whatever was still an Audi win (the engine was an Audi V8 and the chassis was supposedly
an evolution of the R8C)

As a Toyota guy it was good to see them fare alot better than most thought they would. I actually thought they would drop out with reliability issues.

Since Porsche is one of the VAG guys now, it would br great to see Audi do F1 and Porsche do Lemans, or vice versa. Audi seems to have the budget and engineers to be competitive. Just too bad F1 is full of political bullshit and egos nowadays.
When Audi was racing the R10 TDI's I remember how the Porsche RSR Spyders from P2 were actually faster on some tracks. Given the technology Audi and Toyota bring to the class I'm curious to see how Porsche goes about it. Competition is always a good thing!

I hated le mans this year..

Didnt know who to cheer for..
Being a dane i sorta have to support Tom K, but then again, i ´m a toyota slave..
The end was pretty interesting with the spots of rain, and some teams trying to stay on slicks. I'd say it was one of my favorite Le Mans races, aside from Allan Simonen's unfortunate passing away from his accident on lap 3.

Justin
I've watched the entire race on livestream. Had my TV on mute for the image, and Radio Le Mans for the commentary on my laptop along with Lemans' own livestream and live timing. It was a strange race for the Danes as they took both the biggest win and biggest loss of the weekend. I have a lot of Danish friends, who I normally watch the Le Mans with, so I really felt it. I was chearing for Toyota offcourse, but only for second place. They needed TK to win, badly.

There was a very interesting battle going on in GTE Pro too, which I really enjoyed watching. Can't wait for next year!
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
Next year should be crazy good! Nothing like a little corporate rivalry between a Porsche Hybrid and the Audi E-trons. Will Toyota return?

I'm sorta hoping Porsche takes over for VAG in endurance racing while Audi steps up to F1. I'm sure they have the technical know how to field a competitive team.

Wish Lemans was on TV here in Australia.
I don't think Audi will leave the ALMS series for a while, as dominate as they've been it'll be a long time before they retire. I do know that Mark Webber is leaving F1 after this year to be a driver for Porsche's team next year.

Justin
Im really surprised theres almost never any mention of the MB CLR's that flipped over at high speed during MB's last Lemans. A young Mark Webber was driving one of them when it happened.