2015 WRX/STI RC Body.

9 Replies, 9145 Views

I'm sure by now everyone has seen the 2015 WRX vs the Stickbomb RC drift video. if not here it is below:

anyway i know that body was a custom one-off design but was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a 2015 wrx rc body actually in production?
Was interested in this body as well but i have not heard the slightest word if it's gonna be in production or not.
[Image: bc276304-7f08-4025-b335-bd41c864c078_zps5043df43.jpg]
I hope tamiya makes a production version of this and the new STI body. I'm not a fan of their last hatchback version, but this new sedan is nice.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
that judging by the contours and detail of the body, including the wing mount, looks clearly a mold of tamiya, but we wont be seeing it till prolly 3rd quarter of the yr.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-14-2014, 03:09 AM)lougc8 Wrote: I hope tamiya makes a production version of this and the new STI body. I'm not a fan of their last hatchback version, but this new sedan is nice.

hmm, amin... :=):
no doubt tamiya will make this body but will they make a road going version? or something close to it?
ta03r 1.7%
ta03fs 1.8%
(04-14-2014, 03:30 AM)lexury Wrote: that judging by the contours and detail of the body, including the wing mount, looks clearly a mold of tamiya, but we wont be seeing it till prolly 3rd quarter of the yr.

Totally agree bro, I think they are using a TT01 chassis also when I saw the vid when they were making this.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014, 09:25 AM by lougc8.)
i think it was an xv01.
wouldn't be surprised to see this shell bundled with that chassis later in the year as a package given the nature of the shell and the chassis
[Image: pgNNjza.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MSĀ 
Sanwa M12
(04-15-2014, 07:31 AM)Ebbicake Wrote: i think it was an xv01.
wouldn't be surprised to see this shell bundled with that chassis later in the year as a package given the nature of the shell and the chassis

Nah, TT-01 for sure. They show it in the behind-the-scenes vid, and you can see the big flat tub when it does the jump.
[Image: t9gboSu.png]
local source said that it will be on a tt02 and another belt chassis since its the gt version and not the rally one. have yet to really find out, ask him to take a snap of it while in the molds, too bad he cant as it'll cost him his job. all we can do now is really wait,
[Image: newsig.jpg]