Backyard donuts

4 Replies, 2239 Views

[youtube]d3H8UW8pTyc[/youtube]

Today I took a few videos while a ran my car into the stuff on my patio. My dog chased the car a bit, and it stalled a few times for reasons I still have not figured out, but I am getting better with it and had a few good donuts around the monkey.

[youtube]qL03plFzgic[/youtube]
IMO doing donuts like that can be trickier than drifting around a layout.
Doing 1 isn't too hard, but going around and around and around messes with my steering hand. lol
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
I see some people on youtube make it look so easy, so I get stuck trying it lol. I am getting super anxious to try a drift track, I am starting to think I won't be to terrible at one from learning how to navigate the patio. When I first started practicing on the patio I used to get stuck under the barbecue and that wooden dresser quite a bit xD.

I really like how the car is driving now, but I am starting to think a little more power might make those tight drifts easier, or replacing the front pulley for a slightly smaller one. But since I have not been to a drift track with it I am nervous about changing it much more if that might ruin how it runs now. I have not run many very slick surfaces yet like carpet or tile.
Not bad. You may want to practice different layouts with soccer dots and such. Tracks are tuff but once you learn the basics of entry speed and angle they get simpler

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(03-06-2014, 11:01 PM)robb41488 Wrote: Not bad. You may want to practice different layouts with soccer dots and such. Tracks are tuff but once you learn the basics of entry speed and angle they get simpler

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have been trying to think of something to help setup a track, that sounds super perfect and I will have to hit a sporting goods store to grab a pack lol.

I try to get out front to the street and practice since I have more space out there, but since I did not have anything to set up a decent track layout I have sticking to the back yard lol. I had surgery last week and could not touch my car much, so hopefully this week I can get some soccer dots and get out front with them for practice in more open areas with larger turns lol.