ABC Hobby: Nissan 180SX Type-X

47 Replies, 26506 Views

(01-06-2014, 01:13 PM)SerpentCT4S Wrote: Nice body!

Is this the new ABC Kouki 180?
Yep. Late model/Type-X 180

And more updates; this time with more photos

[Image: 1z6e7tw.jpg]
Trimmed out the headlights and filed/sanded it back while waiting for the
lightbuckets to arrive.

[Image: vgqt89.jpg]
I purchased some tubing to make a rear cross bar or half cage if you like.
Also used some to make an exhaust tips

[Image: ae4md4.jpg]
Was lucky that it fit over the ABC Hobby twin tip exhaust so I decided to use that
and stick on an HKS decal. No one will see it once it sat behind the diffuser anyway

[Image: zo8eme.jpg]
Was lucky that the Street Jam diffuser had two mounting points similar lengths to the
screws holding down the rear stabilizer bar which was easy to make mounts for.

[Image: 1zq5669.jpg]
And currently what the rear looks like. Rear decals are only temporary for the moment.
Really starting to come together!
Looks good.

I cut mine out last night, will start working on it soon!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM by SerpentCT4S.)
Your body didn't come with light buckets? Mine came with wing, buckets, flip up lights.

Is yours part number 66138?
(01-06-2014, 05:20 PM)SerpentCT4S Wrote: Your body didn't come with light buckets? Mine came with wing, buckets, flip up lights.

In japan, they are not included, and are separate for purchase. If purchased through ABC USA or any other dealers for ABC in the USA, they usually have the light buckets included.

OP, looks great bro!
[Image: 0000.jpg]
(01-06-2014, 07:06 PM)mikep415 Wrote:
(01-06-2014, 05:20 PM)SerpentCT4S Wrote: Your body didn't come with light buckets? Mine came with wing, buckets, flip up lights.

In japan, they are not included, and are separate for purchase. If purchased through ABC USA or any other dealers for ABC in the USA, they usually have the light buckets included.

Thanks Mike!
I noticed they give you 2 sets of window masks.

On the instructions it has one set of them grayed out. Which ones do I use and why do they give you 2 sets?
Lookin good man

[WHITE MEDIUM STAR]️DementeD[WHITE MEDIUM STAR]️!llus!onz[WHITE MEDIUM STAR]️ Because its for the love of anything custom
Nice work! Love this body!
I need to get started on my 180 pronto!
Thanks guys and yeh, mine's the JDM version which didn't come with the extra light buckets. It has the wing but I opted for a Tamiya hard plastic one

(01-07-2014, 12:33 AM)SerpentCT4S Wrote: I noticed they give you 2 sets of window masks.

On the instructions it has one set of them grayed out. Which ones do I use and why do they give you 2 sets?

Good question. I was unsure as well but they look to similar sizes so I just picked one and went with it. The other issue I had was that the rear windscreen decal is very fiddly; it's hard to get the contours right and i ended up cutting out the middle section with all the heater/defroster lines. The rest is relatively straight forward.
Love the green, if you masked your rear lights you should consider painting them instead. hate those stickers >< I'm gonna paint mine and post it up should look alright
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale