Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Acronyms
but  you'd  be wading through numbers and pictures till you found the right part. It would need to be linked to a database,  categorised  by chassis and related parts, rated by users and also easy to peruse.
well i dont see anyone else contributing to the list... other then dorvacks insertion.

got any other multi-definitions you want to add?
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Deck or tub = the main chassis either carbon, graphite or fibre reinforced plastic
FRP = fibre  reinforced  plastic
SSG = Silver Surface Graphite
Ball End = the plastic end of a linkage that clips on a ball link
Ball Link = A metal ball with either threaded hole or screw that is used for linking components that need a wide range of movement usually rotational? ( couldn't think of a better explanation)
Don't forget Offset. Can anyone make an accurate definition of that? My best try:

Offset; The distance between the hub of the wheel and the center of the wheel (or in the case of an RC wheel, the offset is measured not from the center but its based on a 0mm offset standard touringcar wheel). A bigger offset means the wheel and tire sit further outwards (bigger trackwidth) but the hub sits in the same place. For example, using a set of 8mm offset wheels means the trackwidth of the car is increased by 16mm in total. Offset can be used to fill out the wheelarches on a wide bodyshell, but it also has effects on the handling of the car.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=11405&stc=1&d=1206194833]
(With RC drift cars we generally only use negative offset)
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
good lets keep this going
Keep Drifting Fun
here is a suggestion how about the term CS? I would give it a try explaining this one but still only have a minor grasp on that definition myself.
(01-22-2013, 04:48 PM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  here is a suggestion how about the term CS? I would give it a try explaining this one but still only have a minor grasp on that definition myself.

i added a lil bit at the top about this.

anyone else can feel free to share ideas about this as well
Keep Drifting Fun
(01-22-2013, 04:48 PM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  here is a suggestion how about the term CS? I would give it a try explaining this one but still only have a minor grasp on that definition myself.

Not sure how but could we add what parts you could change to create more CS? Also a few I ran into while on the forum today:
Kick-up
Damper position
OD Hub
CVD
FBD

I've tried looking for these but had no luck.
CVD/CVA = Constant Velocity Driveshaft/Axle
FBD = Full Belt Drive
OD = Outer Diameter
ID = Inner Diameter

Hub = Knuckle = Upright
I think OD Hub was refering to OverDose Hub (a brand of hub)
Damper position refers to which holes on the shock tower and arm that the damper is connected too!
Kick up is when you space the front or rear suspension mount to change the geometry of the suspension it tilts the arms up and adds a caster effect to the suspension movement? (if someone can explain it  better  please do)
(01-23-2013, 02:17 AM)pickled Wrote:  CVD/CVA = Constant Velocity Driveshaft/Axle
FBD = Full Belt Drive
OD = Outer Diameter
ID = Inner Diameter

Hub = Knuckle = Upright
I think OD Hub was refering to OverDose Hub (a brand of hub)
Damper position refers to which holes on the shock tower and arm that the damper is connected too!
Kick up is when you space the front or rear suspension mount to change the geometry of the suspension it tilts the arms up and adds a caster effect to the suspension movement? (if someone can explain it  better  please do)

Damper, is that referring to the shocks and springs?