Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akumu - D4 Oxygen
some notes using the Gear Drive...

I like that the gear drive gives me 40/17T or a 2.35 reduction that allows me to use bigger teeth pinions on my 90T spur. had by default the car setup with a 23T pinion (9.19 FDR) when i first tested it and it was slow... very slow. I changed to a 26T pinion, this gave me an 8.13 FDR and i loved how responsive the car felt immediately, swapped out to a 30T pinion which gave me a 7.05 FDR... gettimg too much wheel spin with 60 to 80% throttle settings on my controller. I need to get me a 25, 27 to 29T... for experimentation. hehehe
additional notes on the Usukani Gear Drive...

Locktite the moving parts... the spur gear holders grub screw unscrewed itself 2x, on the last it flew off. I have never had issues like this on belts or even my pro-d which had an 8.5T motor. The center gear and diff gear... those are locktite from the start, so hopefully i wont get into any issues running it for a while.

Some of the parts came in, the Sakura Ultimate FR+0 mounts and the 3racing pivot balls for it...

[Image: akumu-d4-06-2017-01.png]

I ran into issues installing this piece, if you ran stock or alloy wiper steering then i dont think you would have the problems i experienced, but because I have the curve slide track steerng installed... it hits the front bearing mounts causing binds on the steering... defintitely unmountable. I had to shave off a few milimeters, actually I grineded until you dont see the silver part anymore (not sure how much because i kept test fitting and did not measure anymore).

Here is how it looks having shaved less than half of the way...
[Image: akumu-d4-06-2017-02.png]

these pieces will be deanodized when the silver Usukani lower arms I ordered arrives.... in about a weeks time.

Thanks for viewing!
just got word from my usukani supplier that there will be a 1 month delay on my order so i cancelled it and deanozied the front lower arms yesterday.

[Image: akumu-d4-deanodized.png]

i've decided that I will just get the Yeah Racing adjustable rear lower arm come july and deanodize that too. Does anyone have any experience running that part?

Thanks for viewing!