Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto belt tensioner
This is stg i did when i started cs my car two years ago

SAKURA D4 RWD/HOBBYWING 120A/ACCUVANCE AGILE 10.5/OXYGEN/
I spy a servo horn with the spring attached;p looks decent;)
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
Not to be negative about it, but it seems like that belt is way to tight. just my opinion. you want a little slack otherwise the belts will wear the pulleys extra fast.
i 2nd what piper said.. you want a lil slack on it.. its like tensioning a chain on a motorcycle.. you need enough tension so it won't slip off the teeth, but also have to compensate for not over tensioning.. i kinda see the concept on how this works.. when you are running it does compress? that also can be a problem if the spring fails as you will have a very lose belt which will jump teeth and strip out the belt completely.. just some food for thought.. i like the concept though very cool... its like a damper for the belt tensioner..
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
i calculated everything about tension before final install.do you think i just tension it right on?no.when i press throttle the tensioner absorbs all the forces of it.i do not longer use this though as i no longer need it.just thought to share for someone to take ideas
SAKURA D4 RWD/HOBBYWING 120A/ACCUVANCE AGILE 10.5/OXYGEN/
I applaud the fact that at least you tried. Its the belts themselves that make an automatic tensioner on our little toy cars a pain.

That said I'm a shaft guy anyway!
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.