Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner budget
Hi all
I'm looking to buy/build a RC drift car.
To begin with I just want it to drift around the house, and I want to do it as cheap as possible, but also with the opportunity to upgrade later. I don't know what size or anything I should look for. I also got a 3d printer which I would like to use if I could save some money that way.
Hope you can help me out!
(06-05-2020, 03:40 AM)MagnusMJ Wrote:  Hi all
I'm looking to buy/build a RC drift car.
To begin with I just want it to drift around the house, and I want to do it as cheap as possible, but also with the opportunity to upgrade later. I don't know what size or anything I should look for. I also got a 3d printer which I would like to use if I could save some money that way.
Hope you can help me out!

Have you thought about which drivetrain you want to get? rear-wheel drive? countersteer? 50/50?

MST and Yokomo are always excellent choices for chassis and upgradability.
[Image: advertisesmall.png]
Try sakura D4, great starter kit at a budget. I bought all my electronics second hand. Bought sakura d4 unassembled, assembling them yourself gives you much knowledge to upgrade the chassis later on. Why second hand electronics is so you don't waste too much cash on parts which you might not like after a few bash. Try the hobbywing 10.5T combo. I personally started with a 13.5T as I wanted to slowly literally get the grips of going round cones. Blasting into corners sure is fun but if you don't get the fundamentals right you're going to be that one guy who walks in the track and everyone will roll an eyeball or start packing cause you'd be breaking bodyshells

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk