Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body shell question - Will Tamiya body fit HPI Sprint 2 Flux chassis?
Hello,

I am wondering about what options I have for my Sprint 2 chassis when it comes to the selection of body shell.

I bought a 190mm Tamiya Nissan S13 body and was expecting the wheels to be too wide, but I intended to solve that with camber.

What I discovered whas that the wheel arches actually don't seem to line up - length-wise - according to the chassis. The distance between the front wheel arch and the rear looks shorter on the Tamiya body than on the chassis. I haven't trimmed it yet, but that shouldn't make a difference from measuring side by side?

I thought that the chassis' length in 1/10 scale was "standard", also the distance between front and rear wheels.

I've searched around trying to fint a "fitment" guide for cross-brand-body-shells but I havent succeded yet (I.E. Tamiya body on HPI Sprint 2 chassis).

Does anyone of you guys have some good resources I can check out for this subject?

Many thanks in advance!
i dunno about that body but i have the tamiya 240z. its listed as 251mm wheelbase. i dont know why. and it dosnt match up to "standard" wheelbase chassis. it must be a wierd tamiya thing. or the chassis they come on as rtr's are actually 251mm wb. you can kinda play around with it a bit though to make it look a little better.

-run with the front lower than the rear
-run overfenders and offset them a bit from the actual fender. maybe trim a little off the back of the rear fenders if you can
-ive heard running stretched look tires and very little camber helps also.
Thank you for the quick reply, gerakatom!

I guess it boils down to a little bit of trimming, creativity, and hint of personal touch after all.

I'm new to the RC drift scene and bought the Sprint 2 Flux before I knew about RC drifting. I quickly realised that going sideways was the way to go. But in the process I thrashed the original body shell. After that, I've done minor mods to the chassis (locked rear diff, one way in front, quicker and better servo) to make it easier to learn drifting, and are just going to "use it up". It was after the other modifications I decided I needed a new (proper) body.

I landed on the S15 body from HPI (200mm), combined with 6mm offset wheels in the front and 9mm offset in the back. I want the rear wheels to be flush with the body so I might add something to 'space' the wheel out a couple off mms. Don't really know how to straighen out the rear toe-in yet. But that's details.

This will be my 'missile car' until it's time for a new chassis.

I'm curious if there's been done some collecting of the different experiences with the various bodies that's out there, versus the most common chassis. -With regards to fitment.
standard tamiya shells run 257mm as listed below:
http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-51246-nismo...th=438_875

wheelbase on the sprint 2 is 254mm:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/newpr...ct_id=1577

it is a little off but trimming and body hole matching can make it work
yea 257 is about the standard wheel base for 1/10 bodies , I use Yokomo bodies on my sprint 2 no problem ( not the high traction 275 bodies though ) . susension mounts will change the rear toe . spacer's in front or behind the susension arms will change the wheel base a little .
The Tamiya S13 is for M-chassis. They are 160-170mm wide and have a wheelbase of 210, 225 or 240mm. They are not standard 1/10th scale.

Any Tamiya 190mm body will fit a Sprint2, but you might have to adjust your wheelbase slightly. Most Tamiya bodies have a 257mm wheelbase and should fit without problems, but some of the TT01E bodyshells are a bit shorter - 251mm. Examples of these shorter bodyshells are the Schnitzer Celica, 240Z, Porsche 997 GT3, Z4, Countach and maybe a few others. Basicly, if Tamiya offers the body on any other chassis than the TT01E (like a TA05 or TA06), it has a normal 257mm wheelbase.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
Many thanks for good feeback, guys!

(09-11-2013, 01:44 PM)awdracer Wrote:  standard tamiya shells run 257mm as listed below:
http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-51246-nismo...th=438_875

wheelbase on the sprint 2 is 254mm:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/newpr...ct_id=1577

it is a little off but trimming and body hole matching can make it work

(09-11-2013, 01:55 PM)sincity drifter Wrote:  yea 257 is about the standard wheel base for 1/10 bodies , I use Yokomo bodies on my sprint 2 no problem ( not the high traction 275 bodies though ) . susension mounts will change the rear toe . spacer's in front or behind the susension arms will change the wheel base a little .

I think this explains my case perfectly. It seems I've been so fortunate that I've bought a M-Chassis body:

(09-11-2013, 05:17 PM)Tizer Wrote:  The Tamiya S13 is for M-chassis. They are 160-170mm wide and have a wheelbase of 210, 225 or 240mm. They are not standard 1/10th scale.

Any Tamiya 190mm body will fit a Sprint2, but you might have to adjust your wheelbase slightly. Most Tamiya bodies have a 257mm wheelbase and should fit without problems, but some of the TT01E bodyshells are a bit shorter - 251mm. Examples of these shorter bodyshells are the Schnitzer Celica, 240Z, Porsche 997 GT3, Z4, Countach and maybe a few others. Basicly, if Tamiya offers the body on any other chassis than the TT01E (like a TA05 or TA06), it has a normal 257mm wheelbase.

I will keep this in mind in the future. All of your feedback has been very helpful. There is a lot of information and variables when it comes to RC I've found, he he.

I'm returning the S13 body. Not one hundred percent sure of what I'm going to choose, as they don't keep the biggest stock in the local shop here in Norway.

Could be cool to aim for a VIP body, maybe. Lexus or something.. Hmm.

Again, many thanks guys! -A lot to learn, always. :-)
if you were in the us i wouldve gladly bought that off you.. it fits the ta03rs perfectly
I found ordering online offers a much larger selection than my lhs . you can find almost anything . try www.Banzaihobby.com or www.race-and-drift-japan.com and team tetsujin has a new crown majesta vip with many details available at thier web site .
Good feeback guys! -Many thanks! Most appreciated. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rc4wd Mojove body on drift car chassis c0bra 0 542 06-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: c0bra
  Hpi Sprint 2 Weight Distribution Gramps50 3 775 02-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: wareagle84
  hpi sprint flux 2 Gilbert310 3 1,278 04-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: wilkewhaq
  HPI sprint 2 flux D3 steering conversion! BlackLow89 2 2,667 03-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Last Post: hellahella
  HPI RS4 Sport 3 Flux Questions veng_m 6 2,153 02-14-2016, 09:59 AM
  Tamiya TRF Damper piston hole / o-ring settings for Sprint 2 bernibus 2 1,089 01-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: bernibus
Gear Help with line details when painting body shell bernibus 8 2,116 01-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Combat_Drftr
  HPI Sprint 2 PROVA HPI IMPREZA wheel size and offset help bernibus 4 1,677 12-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bernibus
  Hpi Sprint 2 Drift motor upgrade ? martyn.miller.14418 2 1,421 08-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Gaelen
  Is this a good HPI Sprint 2 Motor / Servo / Lipo setup? bernibus 1 1,277 03-22-2015, 03:13 PM