Boorito's HPI Sprint 2

62 Replies, 42696 Views

@wareagle84: Yes, it will fit. :-)

I spotted it in the last picture here: http://madhouserc.blogspot.ca/2014/01/sprint-2.html?m=1

Also! Check out the follow-up article he wrote: http://madhouserc.blogspot.ca/2014/03/sp...3.html?m=1
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 06:25 PM by foku5.)
where can I order aluminum parts for the sprint 2? I notice that it's hard to find one nowadays.
(03-15-2014, 06:41 PM)gieo07 Wrote: where can I order aluminum parts for the sprint 2? I notice that it's hard to find one nowadays.

GPM parts from asiatees or on eBay
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(03-15-2014, 07:03 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 06:41 PM)gieo07 Wrote: where can I order aluminum parts for the sprint 2? I notice that it's hard to find one nowadays.

GPM parts from asiatees or on eBay

thanks! I'll go check on it. Smile
Happy to see multiple people have done this front end conversion. I'll be ordering the plastic parts this weekend to do it on my Sprint 2.
3Racing Sakura D3 WIP thread
I have been occupied with other stuff and still have not done my conversion :[. Hopefully I will be doing some stuff to my car fairly soon, but my daily driver has been having some expensive issues so toy cars have to wait :/
Well the blog doesn't work or just not on a phone. I plan on doing the D3 steering conversion but wanted to know if you have to cut/mod anything? Also on eBay you can find 80 degree CVD's that are adjustable in length. Probably gonna order them to see if they fit/work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Afro talks about not needing any toe in the rear and how to fix that by putting front a-arm in the rear. Great idea but I found another way. If you take the 2 degree rear knuckles and install them on opposite sides, as in the L on the R and the R on the L, it pretty much eliminate the rear toe. You will have a slight toe out but it's not 2 degrees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-06-2014, 06:07 AM)g4mb17 Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 11:16 PM)Boorito Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 07:42 PM)g4mb17 Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 08:37 AM)Boorito Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 01:55 AM)g4mb17 Wrote: I did the Sakura steering swap on my sprint 2, that gave me some great angle.

I have been looking at the sakura parts thinking I could make those work pretty easily, and you saying it makes me want to try it even more.  Do you have a build thread? I would love to see your setup.  I have been figuring I could order the plastic parts, then if it works with out much modding to the Sakura parts I could order the metal parts later.

http://madhouserc.blogspot.ca/2014/01/sprint-2.html

although it calls for
4x M5x10x4 bearings
I found it easier to use
2x M5x10x4 bearings
2x M5x10x3 bearings
using the 3mm on the inside of the knuckles - but maybe that is just me.

R

That looks great to me, I can not wait to see it after an alignment! I can see going this route with my car in the future.

Here is my Sprint 2, Sakura front end, CS2.0
[Image: LZ5hLdW.jpg]
needs lots of tuning, and I'm not sure about the ESC - but really liking the front end.

R

I just received my aluminum steering from Sakura and as far as i can see i would need some shorter turnbukles to connect the steering to the knuckles and also need to move the servo towords the cars rear by drilling new holes in the chasis because the steering post doesnt clear the servo mount. Am i correct ?! Any advice appreciated !! Thx
(02-27-2015, 01:19 PM)liviumarian26 Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 06:07 AM)g4mb17 Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 11:16 PM)Boorito Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 07:42 PM)g4mb17 Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 08:37 AM)Boorito Wrote: I have been looking at the sakura parts thinking I could make those work pretty easily, and you saying it makes me want to try it even more.  Do you have a build thread? I would love to see your setup.  I have been figuring I could order the plastic parts, then if it works with out much modding to the Sakura parts I could order the metal parts later.

http://madhouserc.blogspot.ca/2014/01/sprint-2.html

although it calls for
4x M5x10x4 bearings
I found it easier to use
2x M5x10x4 bearings
2x M5x10x3 bearings
using the 3mm on the inside of the knuckles - but maybe that is just me.

R

That looks great to me, I can not wait to see it after an alignment! I can see going this route with my car in the future.

Here is my Sprint 2, Sakura front end, CS2.0
[Image: LZ5hLdW.jpg]
needs lots of tuning, and I'm not sure about the ESC - but really liking the front end.

R

I just received my aluminum steering from Sakura and as far as i can see i would need some shorter turnbukles to connect the steering to the knuckles and also need to move the servo towords the cars rear by drilling new holes in the chasis because the steering post doesnt clear the servo mount. Am i correct ?! Any advice appreciated !! Thx

Your  servo don't have to move, I used all the d3 steering parts, I have got my standard hpi ones on they work but I got short ones on order with rpm turnbuckles their work Better. Here is a photo of  mine  

[Image: image-27.jpg]

[Image: image-30.jpg]