Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broke a wheel...
I bought a cheap set of drift tires from my local hobby shop, and not 60 secconds into the first run, one of them breaks and falls off. Ugh.

So i'm looking to find a more durable wheel. These seem like the beefiest I have been able to find, but i'm not sure... What do you think? Know of anything better? Is a Solid wheel available?
I hate buying parts twice :(
[Image: 3NSp52H.jpg]
I'm confused, is the tire or the wheel the problem?
What brand was the wheel?
I've never had a HPI or MST wheel break, even hit some curbs pretty hard back in the day and flipped my first chassis several times. May have just been a fluke that one broke. Some designs are naturally weaker by design also.
I've never seen the wheel or one like it that you pictured, so I can't say it's of good quality. Some people like aluminum wheels as they are more durable, however they bend rather than break on hard enough hits.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
MST, Tetsujin, and Yokomo all make rather sturdy wheels that should hold up to most abuse. I haven't had any problems with the latter two brands and I have some friends who haven't had any problems with the MST ones.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
The spokes on the wheel broke. all i did was drive it slowly off the curb and PLOP. lol
they were integy brand. Very cheap.

I found some HPI wheels at my LHS and they seem wayyyy better.

Thanks for the suggestions!