Buckled wheel

4 Replies, 2281 Views

Hey guys, I have a really important question.
I got a set of drift tyres off my brother in-law and one of them are buckled,

Is there a way to unbuckle them or will I have to buy another set?
Maybe boil them??

I would say pitch them and buy a new sets.

I recommend Raikou Drift tires, specifically the D70's.  
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
what part are you talking about? did the roundness of the diameter go bad, like its no longer a perfect circle, or did the tread area cave in leaving the edges higher than the center?
if it's the latter, that happens when you boil some tired for too long. it happens with Raikou tires left to boil for too long.
if it's the diameter of the tire, trash them and get new ones, or get used to a bumpy unpredictable car.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(11-19-2014, 03:12 PM)wareagle84 Wrote: what part are you talking about?  did the roundness of the diameter go bad, like its no longer a perfect circle, or did the tread area cave in leaving the edges higher than the center?
if it's the latter, that happens when you boil some tired for too long.  it happens with Raikou tires left to boil for too long.
if it's the diameter of the tire, trash them and get new ones, or get used to a bumpy unpredictable car.

The roundness of the wheel is off.
so i may as well get new ones?
as cheap as wheels are get new ones. you'll never get the wheel back to a perfectly round state. unless you have more time and effort than it's worth.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen