Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Drifter
Hey Guys,

Im Mak and im not too new to rc. I am very new to RWD rc drifting though. Ive had my Sprint 2 for about a year now. Ive CS'ed it. Then i bought a Eagle Racing TT02 FRD but i havent touched it lol. I have been working and trying everything on the Sprint 2 to convert it to RWD but its been a huge headache trying to get enough steering angle and good suspension movement. Been thinking on ditching the Sprint 2 for a RWD D4. Any tips will help :) Good meeting you guys! Heres some pics of my bench and Frankenstein Sprint 2.
[Image: HPI%20Frankenstein_zpsqoanpsme.jpg]
[Image: Rc_zpssgq2aoxt.jpg]
I had the TT02, and I sold it due to suspension being sticky and not holding my settings. About a year later (just a few weeks ago) I got the MST fxx-d s ifs. So far it's better than the TT02, but I have no knowledge on the D4 minus it's about the same price as my fxx and comes with some aluminum out if the box, plus the adjustability out of the box. That was my only issue with the fxx is that the S version isn't really adjustable out of the box, but that is easily fixed the the MST turnbuckle set, or just some threaded rod. As for the sprint 2 I started with that too now it just sits there since I got my first MST, the MS-01D pro.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
(02-01-2016, 11:47 AM)TraneDrift Wrote:  I had the TT02, and I sold it due to suspension being sticky and not holding my settings. About a year later (just a few weeks ago) I got the MST fxx-d s ifs. So far it's better than the TT02, but I have no knowledge on the D4 minus it's about the same price as my fxx and comes with some aluminum out if the box, plus the adjustability out of the box. That was my only issue with the fxx is that the S version isn't really adjustable out of the box, but that is easily fixed the the MST turnbuckle set, or just some threaded rod. As for the sprint 2 I started with that too now it just sits there since I got my first MST, the MS-01D pro.

Yea i was looking at the Fxx-d S also but i cant find any online shops that stock them. Where did you get yours from?
Blackstarhobbies.com
US shipping is free on $75 and up. I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada as well, if needed.
(02-01-2016, 06:39 PM)Mak_Xe Wrote:  
(02-01-2016, 11:47 AM)TraneDrift Wrote:  I had the TT02, and I sold it due to suspension being sticky and not holding my settings. About a year later (just a few weeks ago) I got the MST fxx-d s ifs. So far it's better than the TT02, but I have no knowledge on the D4 minus it's about the same price as my fxx and comes with some aluminum out if the box, plus the adjustability out of the box. That was my only issue with the fxx is that the S version isn't really adjustable out of the box, but that is easily fixed the the MST turnbuckle set, or just some threaded rod. As for the sprint 2 I started with that too now it just sits there since I got my first MST, the MS-01D pro.

Yea i was looking at the Fxx-d S also but i cant find any online shops that stock them. Where did you get yours from?
http://rcdriftmission.com/shop/rc-drift-...it-532123/

Sent from the official DriftMission app on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ission.com
[Image: advertisesmall.png]
True Wilkewhaq. I tend To always forget about you guys. IDK why I do, I'm on here all the time. Lol.

(02-02-2016, 10:46 AM)TraneDrift Wrote:  True Wilkewhaq. I tend To always forget about you guys. IDK why I do, I'm on here all the time. Lol.

No worries! A lot of our products offer free shipping in the US :). I'm just happy people have more options! When I started drifting it all had to be purchased overseas.

Sent from the official DriftMission app on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ission.com
[Image: advertisesmall.png]
Well it all had to start somewhere. I'm glad it has taken off here too, so that we don't have to order from over seas anymore, but of course there are a few exceptions. Eagle racing being one. Oh, idk if you saw or if it would even really be something you guys would want up, or put up here, but MST is coming out with a new version of the XXX-D. It's a Rally RTR. Just thought I'd give a heads up if you didn't already know.

TraneDrift
Oh no! Lol ive been eyeing the mst fxx-d ifs s version just waiting to get paid then gonna order it and i wanted to order it today from blackstarhobbies but there sold out :( same as the driftmission website :/ any other places to get it from?
Email blackstar they may not actually be out of stock. It was like that when I went to order mine emailed them next day it was in stock. IDK if they got the shipment after I emailed but it seemed like a coincidence to me.

TraneDrift

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Newb drifter from Chicago jgama25 5 610 05-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Last Post: jwyant
  New Chicago Drifter... bronc4now 4 1,022 12-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Last Post: robb41488