Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete drifting newb looking for advice.
So, I'm totally new to proper drifting, so please bear with me. I know almost nothing about setup on drifters and would very much like to learn. I will be starting with 50/50 using a stock Tamiya TA-05 V2.

My main question is, where do I start? (Apart from tires, obviously). Drivetrain, shocks, camber/toe, steering, caster, weight distribution... I really have no idea where to begin.

It would be great if someone could direct me to a sticky or basic guide to setup, as I hate to make people re-type the same thing over and over again.

Thanks!
[Image: t9gboSu.png]
I say put in the front one way and rear spool first then give it a go. If you're liking it then you can go much further with the TA05 chassis.

I see you already started a TA05 v2 thread. Just keep posting there and more people will chime in.
A guy on our so called team had a TA05 that we were supposed to bbring up to drift spec, never saw him again tho

(01-20-2014, 02:51 AM)tamiyafier Wrote:  So, I'm totally new to proper drifting, so please bear with me. I know almost nothing about setup on drifters and would very much like to learn. I will be starting with 50/50 using a stock Tamiya TA-05 V2.

My main question is, where do I start? (Apart from tires, obviously). Drivetrain, shocks, camber/toe, steering, caster, weight distribution... I really have no idea where to begin.

It would be great if someone could direct me to a sticky or basic guide to setup, as I hate to make people re-type the same thing over and over again.

Thanks!
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

i just got mine running earlier this week (im guessing ta-05 v2 & IFS is the same thing??), just slapped on some hpi falken azenis drift tires and went at it and it was fine, some understeer but i think thats my fault i need to adjust the servo arm lengths and adjust the toe since it was slightly off. my buddy offered me some sakura drift tires (the ones that spark while spinning) and i thought it turned in slighty better then the hpi falkens. i would say stay stock for abit learn the car then bit by bit add hop ups. idk, im a noob myself. btw im running lipo battery and it gives it nice kick in power, seems to turn better when you: turn in, off the throttle and smash throttle. im trying different things to see what makes it turn/drift better.

and there seems to be some wobbliness from the front wheels due to the dogbones, noticed it in mine too especially during high speed. the remedy is cvd's.
Thanks for the replies, guys! Chiefy, I will definitely look into spools/front ways although I'd like to see how far I can get with the stock ball diffs.

truslider, the V2 is almost the same as the V2, but has a slightly narrower chassis and a different motor mount. That's about it.
Make sure u have the right tires as well lol without those...drifting is a pain hahha
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
(01-20-2014, 08:26 PM)RCPHREEK Wrote:  Make sure u have the right tires as well lol without those...drifting is a pain hahha

Oh, I imagine it would be. Lol
(01-21-2014, 02:30 AM)tamiyafier Wrote:  
(01-20-2014, 08:26 PM)RCPHREEK Wrote:  Make sure u have the right tires as well lol without those...drifting is a pain hahha

Oh, I imagine it would be. Lol

Lol yeah i use pvc and it was ok but i switched to a tire made for the aurface i was running on, and it was a world of difference: )
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking to get into RC drifting, need some advice on starting up kilfer 13 3,855 04-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: kilfer