Create forum for bodies and painting

9 Replies, 3515 Views

I would like to suggest a dedicated forum for drift bodies and painting techniques. Considering that the esthetic is important to drifters, I don't see a lot of information regarding these topics!

Thank you.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1
Speed Passion 13.5t v3.0 MMM
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
There in the guides section and help section ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Yes I see guides on the topic, but no real specific forum for discussion... Unless I completely missed something... But I did look.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
(04-04-2014, 07:29 PM)Seegee911 Wrote: Yes I see guides on the topic, but no real specific forum for discussion... Unless I completely missed something... But I did look.

You can find the RC Drift body forum here -> http://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-rc-drift-bodies

I see what you are saying about tips, we will consider creating a "Tips N Tricks" forum in the future.
Just to clarify, "Painting and Airbrushing" would be a perfect category. There are so many great looking bodies, and any information I could find on how it was done and painting techniques / procedures / tools were scattered everywhere. I know I'd like to share my experiences with my first diy project but there are no forums that feel like the right place to post. I'm sure many would benefit from the info.

Thanks.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
(04-07-2014, 09:15 PM)Seegee911 Wrote: Just to clarify, "Painting and Airbrushing" would be a perfect category. There are so many great looking bodies, and any information I could find on how it was done and painting techniques / procedures / tools were scattered everywhere. I know I'd like to share my experiences with my first diy project but there are no forums that feel like the right place to post. I'm sure many would benefit from the info.

Thanks.

Have you looked at the Work in Progress forum? http://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-work-in-progress
Yes I did peruse that forum as well, but found little info regarding the paints, tools, and techniques used to achieve the "then I painted the body" results. There are a couple of Airbrushing forums on the net that do have some information specific to painting RC bodies, but that forces me to use another forum, and I find more info there regarding boat hulls and helicopter shells than Drift Car bodies. And those forums don't see much in terms of traffic. 1 or 2 posts every 3 weeks. Driftmission is my go-to in chassis reviews, mods, hop-ups, electrical, and tuning, except when it comes to Airbrushing bodies. Not so easy to find specific info on paints and such. I just found it surprising that there wasn't already such a forum here.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
(04-08-2014, 06:55 PM)Seegee911 Wrote: Yes I did peruse that forum as well, but found little info regarding the paints, tools, and techniques used to achieve the "then I painted the body" results. There are a couple of Airbrushing forums on the net that do have some information specific to painting RC bodies, but that forces me to use another forum, and I find more info there regarding boat hulls and helicopter shells than Drift Car bodies. And those forums don't see much in terms of traffic. 1 or 2 posts every 3 weeks. Driftmission is my go-to in chassis reviews, mods, hop-ups, electrical, and tuning, except when it comes to Airbrushing bodies. Not so easy to find specific info on paints and such. I just found it surprising that there wasn't already such a forum here.

Gotcha! I will look at adding it soon Smile Just want to gather some resources to get it started!
Excellent! If I can do anything to help, let me know. I truly appreciate it.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
(04-10-2014, 05:46 AM)Seegee911 Wrote: Excellent! If I can do anything to help, let me know. I truly appreciate it.

Check it out http://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-pain...techniques

I added some Paint charts, will look at adding custom paint mix thread as well.