cs ratio for me

5 Replies, 2530 Views

okay so im a noob. does the cs ratio also depend on the surface the car is being driven? im mostkly on smooth concrete or like smooth skatepark concrete or like a garage floor. so which cs ratio is good for me? also when i change the ratio is it best to do the front or rear?
CS Ratio depends purely on feel and the layout of the track. I have seen sweeping carpet drifters run 1.5 CS and tight concrete drifters run 3.33 CS.  

For general use I would start with 50/50, that is both front and rear wheels spin at the same rate. Get your 1,000 Hours of mastery on that, then start to explore CS.

For a wide open lot or skatepark, I would recommend 1.5 CS. This gets you used to it but also teaches you proper steering response for it. Set up some cones and try to hold a tight course without spinning out.  

Tuning is everything. For outdoor asphalt I would use either HPI T-Drifts or Raikou DPXE's. For smooth concrete I would use Raikou D70's. They last a long time and are amazing tires.

Experiment with different shock springs and shock oils. Not just one or two but a whole range. This will help you learn your chassis and feel how it reacts to the suspension tuning.  
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
VIThank you a lot for the reply! I thought no one was gonna het back to me. But I have 50/50 down pretty well to where I can master my little track in my garage pretty easily. I just bought a Sakura d3 and finished putting it together yesterday. I haven't tried it yet but I know the suspension needs bugging adjustment. Any tips you could give me there? In which springs to use and shock oil? Or even where to start. I know the tear needs stiffened up and the front is to bouncy. Any hdlp is appreciated! Thanks!
To start I would go as soft as you can in the rear and as hard as you can get it in the front.  

Rear would be 25-30 weight oil and soft-super soft springs.

Front would be 50 weight oil with hard-super hard springs.

As for position, run the front shocks as vertical as you can get them. Straight up and down is ideal.

The rear shocks should be layed down as much as they can go.  

But, as I said everything is based on feel. I know a guy that runs super softs in the front and softs in the rear, and it works for him. I also know a guy that runs no shock oil. And a third guy runs no suspension at all.  

Just get a range of 20-50 weight oil, and a range of super soft to super hard springs. Play around with the suspension until it feels good for you. 2 of each springs should be good, and get 20 weight, 30 weight, 40 weight and 50 weight oil to play around with.  
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
Ok so I've been getting done run time on my car and my problem in dealing with is when I try to enter a drift I fet a lot of understeer. And when I exit a drift to switchback and change direction of drift I get oversteer or it just stays on the drift and won't switch wAys.  

So when Im getting ready to enter a drift xhould I tap the brake to get the rear end to slide? Any help is appreciated.
uhmmmm.... you should be practicing also you throttle control not just braking and acceleration... timing with the throttle, brake and steering... that i suggest for you to do...
Eagle Racing TT01 Mid-Ship Ver 2 CS 77%
Eagle Racing R31-RWD