CS TA03

11 Replies, 5290 Views

First off, driving a CS for the first time afters years of driving 50-50 will be hell to do. That is exactly what happens to guys who try out CS after years of driving a none-CS.

CS is just very non-linear to drive compared to none-CS or even RWD.

You have a ~1.54:1 or ~54% of overdrive from a 20T up at front and a 13T at the back. Yes it'll be too much for a new aramid belt. But if it's already stretched, it's ok.

Anyway, run a very soft spring and soft oil at the rear on your TA03F so it's easier to catch. Hard up at front.

The driving skill is another serious issue. Putting on too much throttle means less CS needed. Less throttle means the opposite. Quite inversely proportional almost all of the time. Gotta get into the basics again like doing consistent donuts, small or big and figure 8s big and small too.

I still have my TA03F/R. But it's currently RWD configured now but resting most of the time. :=):

Oh and one more thing, the TA03/TL01 FOW is no good. It only has 1 One-way bearing for both drive cups. One will tend to slip out sometimes. Better to use a COW which is more consistent compared to its FOW.

However, if you can get a FOW with 2 one-way bearings on it, the better it is for CS.
http://rwdrcdrift.blogspot.com/

My Eagle Racing R31 modification and personal notes of it.
aw man i just recently bought a fow for my ta03fs. but both of my ta03 run a cow and some other form of one way