D-Like RB 86

26 Replies, 14948 Views

Go with Blue...

Very nice......
I like it. Very clean
No such thing as perfect.
Student for life.

[Image: 2mo6o94.png]
Looks great! and don't be discouraged from the seems in the CF, first few bodys I did with it you can see the lines. The more you do the better you get. Its touch because you can't overlap them either lol.
Overdose + Tail-Slider MST XXX-D VIP FM Red w/ HT Suspension Fully upgraded :^^:

Thanks!

Yeah, I tried to get them to touch when laying them out. I think I may have been too aggressive when painting the back side, and the paint bled a little at the edges. I think that is mostly what makes the lines show on this one. I will have to try and perfect it in the future.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Visit my blog: Mod19 RC
IG: @RexRacer19

[Image: IMG_2485c_zpsnoqm5qqh.jpg]
Niccee

posted from crapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
great job with this. i've used the carpet tape trick and it is very tricky to get uniform pattern without lines. but yours looks great. barely noticeable unless you get right up on it. Nice to see the yokomo buckets worked out for you. question??? do the yokomo front buckets cause a glow effect at the top row? looks like that part of the buckets glow like a real 86
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
(12-06-2013, 11:49 PM)rudeboy03 Wrote: great job with this. i've used the carpet tape trick and it is very tricky to get uniform pattern without lines. but yours looks great. barely noticeable unless you get right up on it. Nice to see the yokomo buckets worked out for you. question??? do the yokomo front buckets cause a glow effect at the top row? looks like that part of the buckets glow like a real 86

Thanks again.

If there is any glow from the buckets, it is just a reflection on the chrome. Here is another angle of the lights that may help. Hopefully I was able to answer your question.

[Image: 5BE0CA8E-351C-454F-A1A4-456A1FE9EADD_zpsn8qmvjrh.jpg]
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Made a little bit more progress. Got the lights mounted and taped in place under the body. I installed the rear bumper cover and diffuser. I also reworked the end plates of the wing and dropped them down a little. I think it looks better that way.

[Image: C1F973B6-778C-4D55-970C-483C77BD295E_zpsfqohumth.jpg]

I am waiting on some tape to do all the panel lines with, and need to make some exhaust tips. Hopefully that stuff will arrive in a few days.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

dude! Link to the wing? it looks beast!
No such thing as perfect.
Student for life.

[Image: 2mo6o94.png]
This is the wing I am using.

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/dri...on-printed

I have trimmed it to get the shape that I wanted, and it comes with large end plate blanks that you can cut and shape however you want. It comes with a carbon printing on one side and a silver/gray on the other, I painted the silver/gray side black to match the rest of the car.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4