D3 incoming, along with BMW m3 clear body;

20 Replies, 5546 Views

[attachment=2001]Juggernaut here with my first ever clear body set. I sure hope it turns out decent... I have lights all around, and a wing waiting on alloy rims to come in along with D3 chassis so I can get to work! Will post as many photos as possible throughout, nothing too fancy.
"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way..."
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 04:49 AM by Juggernaut.)
hey. don't forget to wash inside of the lexan body with soap, or whatever to get rid of your finger's oil prints. also, remember to do light coats first and let it dry before fully spray it. dont mix brands. enjoy your build broski.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
Thanks for the heads up any other little tips? How about for window trim?
"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way..."
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 04:13 AM by Juggernaut.)
(07-17-2014, 04:12 AM)Juggernaut Wrote: How about for window trim?

You can use the window mask that came with it and cut it carefully to the desired design. I use a number 11 surgical blades. You can use any hobby type blade/scalpel. Use new blades when cutting out you design and use the weight of the scalpel to cut out the design. You will need to do multiple passes over your line before the mask is cut. Don't press to hard as you run the risk of damaging the body if you cut to far through the mask.

Hope this helps.
[Image: eb7db9ea181aeb53046498d863f0d6d0.jpg]
I like it. okay. whats a good way to get holes without that reamal ( or what ever it is called ) Tool?
A good way to get hole without a reamer is to get a reamer. I haven't heard of any other way to do it and I would hate. For you to ruin your body
[Image: 017c3ad6-f4d2-4efe-b892-651f90a5a852_zpse241be08.jpg]
Get a reamer! You can find them super cheap. Much cleaner than any other way I've tried and makes it so much easier.
well, I use a drill. it helps me to drill the perfect si2e hole. reamers are cheaper, but I own a great set of drill and milimetric bits.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
I can't think of the name of drill bits I use for drilling mirror and spoiler mounts, but they work flawlessly and are precise unlike a reamer where you could accidentally go too big.
they are NOT wood, general purpose or masonry bits...I'll post their name and a link if it comes to mind.
I would highly recommend a reamer over general purpose or standard wood bits.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
It would be used for wing mounts... Not using body pins.