Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D3 Newbie
Hi All, just wanted to introduce myself, been into RC for 15 years but mainly monster truck, crawler and odd touring car. Recently won a Sakura D3 on ebay :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3racing-sakura-d3-drift-car-1-10-/121724666316?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=LyrpqwI78Hk5Iungl2vB%252BYMvEp4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc it is full carbon and top deck with front one way looks like alloy shocks and also tensioners. 70 posted seems pretty good deal. No doubt I will be bugging everyone with questions over next few days and new to CS.
Congrats and welcome to CS and hope you enjoy. I also just picked up a D3 coming from nitro trucks. The hardest part is learning to go at slower speeds than I am used to. Enjoy and keep practicing, so far I am loving it!

Sent from my LGLS990 using RC Drift Handbook
(08-17-2015, 09:18 PM)driftfiend Wrote:  Congrats and welcome to CS and hope you enjoy. I also just picked up a D3 coming from nitro trucks. The hardest part is learning to go at slower speeds than I am used to. Enjoy and keep practicing, so far I am loving it!

Thanks, forgot to mention it has alloy steering and wide angle cvd. I am mainly going to be using it in carparks with tarmac so not exactly glass smooth any ideas what tyres would work well. I have a set of HPI T drifts lying around so may just throw them on and have a go at weekend. For now I am not going mad on power just using a Money 19T brushed motor and LRP esc.
The steering would be my next upgrade. I just picked up a speed passion 8.5t motor and esc. Some of the guys in the local club recommend it. So I am waiting for that to come in the mail. I know the HPI T-drifts are what everyone falls back on as a universal tire. I still haven't been able to get my hands on some. So far I purchased some eBay wheels and love the tires that came with them. So I contacted the seller and he shipped me 4 sets for $20. If you are running the D3 out side, I hear that every one recommends a belt tensioner and the loose belt can start to slip and cause issues in the long run. I am currently waiting on mine from RC Mart.

(08-18-2015, 08:39 PM)driftfiend Wrote:  The steering would be my next upgrade. I just picked up a speed passion 8.5t motor and esc. Some of the guys in the local club recommend it. So I am waiting for that to come in the mail. I know the HPI T-drifts are what everyone falls back on as a universal tire. I still haven't been able to get my hands on some. So far I purchased some eBay wheels and love the tires that came with them. So I contacted the seller and he shipped me 4 sets for $20. If you are running the D3 out side, I hear that every one recommends a belt tensioner and the loose belt can start to slip and cause issues in the long run. I am currently waiting on mine from RC Mart.

I have two tensioners already if anything belt seems a bit too tight with drivetrain not being as free as my HPI pro4 but then that is shaft drive and better quality. If you get a chance a link to those tyres/wheels you use would be good.
Here are the wheels and tires that I purchased. Good luck!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...49&alt=web

Hi everyone im  51 yrs old new to this hobbie im a disable vet seeking new hobbie triing to figure out wats a good drift car to start out with dont really have any drift clubs where i live im baltimore md so ill practice on tennis courts for right now im planning to move to virgina beach
Hi there, and welcome. Are you completely new to the rc world, or just the drifting side of it?
Have you got a total budget in mind?