Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D4 setup help
Hello everyone. I just built my Sakura d4 RWD and I am running it on smooth concrete. The car seems to spin out in the corner or if I give it a bit more throttle. It also won't hold long drifts. Is there something wrong i am not running a gyro . But is there wheats I need or suspension tuning or a setup sheet I should follow. Plz help anyone thanks
Get a gyro.

Then look at setup.

Tire selection -harder tires longer drifts. Softer tires shorter drifts

If you want to run without a gyro, you need perfect settings on steering geometry. You need to change the d4 steering system. There is too much free play.

The hardest tires you can find. This slows down the car a little and helps you control the car.

Change throttle epa settings down. Way down.

The rest is your magic finger.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
get a gyro like a boom racing one or sky rc

get some mst gold dot tires for long drifts

get a radio link rc4g radio dont need a gyro for that cause the reciver is also a gyro

get 10.5 motor preferably like a yeah racing sensored brushless system from rc mart

close to being fully upgraded parts http://www.rcmart.com/aluminum-steering-suspension-upgrade-3racing-sakura-awdrwd-p-71450.html includes caster set ups

adjustable steering bell crank by boom racing get from Asiatees.com

mono shock set up

and your pretty set on that
-4 degrees of camber front -1 at rear

toe +1 at rear -3 in front

height 8 mm front 6 rear 

droop all the way with no limiter front and back 

kaster 10

damper lenght 66 adjust from the the rod end of the shock to come out or extend further out

hope that helps you
(02-28-2017, 11:24 PM)Rc Drift _Boy Wrote:  adjustable steering bell crank by boom racing get from Asiatees.com

mono shock set up

and your pretty set on that

Why do use a mono shock ? I tried it. Didn't like the feel of the shocks. Personally found the mono shock too hard.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Thanks everyone for the help I already changed stock steering but I am going to invest on a gyro and harder tires for sure I am also going to try out the new camber,kaster,toe etc setup hopefully it work thanks