Decrease Post Time Limit?

15 Replies, 3618 Views

I understand the need to control of spam or flooded messages, but can the post time limit be decreased?  Nowadays, users expect instant-gratification when sending or receiving information.  I think if the time limit is lower, it would encourage more people to post threads and reply to threads faster.  Which benefits the community because of increased activity.
Founder of SOCAL-RC.com.
(04-27-2016, 12:29 AM)SICKwidIT Wrote: I understand the need to control of spam or flooded messages, but can the post time limit be decreased?  Nowadays, users expect instant-gratification when sending or receiving information.  I think if the time limit is lower, it would encourage more people to post threads and reply to threads faster.  Which benefits the community because of increased activity.

Absolutely agree! I will take a look and update the value ASAP Smile Thanks!

Sent from the official DriftMission app on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ission.com
What is the current minimum time between posts and what do you think it should be set to?

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
I think the post time limit is 60 seconds. If we can bring that down to 15-30seconds, maybe it will encourage more people to post/reply.

When i reply to a post and want to reply to another post couple seconds later, it gives you the notification that i have to wait. I end up forgetting about that reply and i end up on Facebook groups. If im going through this, im sure im not the only one. Just looking out for this community because I would like to see more activity going on. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone
Founder of SOCAL-RC.com.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 02:33 PM by SICKwidIT.)
I think if you reduce it to 30 seconds, that might be helpful, but I'm not sure if the community would benefit from a flood of posts from somebody trying to drive up their post count with short, "Hey, that's really cool!" posts. When I used the "Today's Posts" feature, I'm usually looking for new additions to a topic, but YMMV.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(04-28-2016, 12:40 AM)DriftGundam Wrote: I think if you reduce it to 30 seconds, that might be helpful, but I'm not sure if the community would benefit from a flood of posts from somebody trying to drive up their post count with short, "Hey, that's really cool!" posts. When I used the "Today's Posts" feature, I'm usually looking for new additions to a topic, but YMMV.

-Vic

Not sure if there are active moderators here, but typically that's what theyre used for. Any offtopic or useless post gets deleted.
Founder of SOCAL-RC.com.
Not sure where else to pout this but in the official driftmisson app many pictures wont load

Sent from my LG-H810 using DriftMission
(04-28-2016, 03:42 AM)driftaroo Wrote: Not sure where else to pout this but in the official driftmisson app many pictures wont load

Sent from my LG-H810 using DriftMission

Reply back with the link of the thread. Ill check it out and see if it works on my end.
Founder of SOCAL-RC.com.
Sorry I couldn't get to this any sooner, I have removed the limitation on here.  If spamming becomes a problem again I will look into other solutions first.
(05-01-2016, 09:10 PM)wilkewhaq Wrote: Sorry I couldn't get to this any sooner, I have removed the limitation on here.  If spamming becomes a problem again I will look into other solutions first.

Awesome! I'll help out and report any posts if i see any spam.
Founder of SOCAL-RC.com.