Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIB rear toe in for cs...?
I am currently running 50/50 on my DIB but would like to try running the 1.8cs pulley that I have had lying on my workbench for over a year....

I know that each and every setup is different and unique to a drivers style as well as chassis layout and type but I have noticed there is a trend to run little to no toe-in at the rear lately.

What are the main reasons why 90% of those running cs use 1° or 0°? 
Does it allow more slide or help with switches?
What would I notice if I changed from the kit standard 3.5° to say 1° or 1.5°, suspension settings aside?
As far as i noticed, with 3,5°, the chassis will tend to interrupt the drift and go straight.

With 0° toe in, the drift is more stable. Together with high CS-Rates, it allows me to do Korogashi-Style Countersteering.

That's why i prefer 0°.
[Image: RCDC_sig.png]
I've chosen to drive with 1.8 cs - though i also have 1.3 and 1.5.

On our track last sunday i was advised through my mates to do a 0 or -1 toe and a little toe out in the front - didnt have a rear toe block so borrowed a -1 block.

Firstly, having -3.5 in the rear makes the car stable - -1 made it less stable, and snappy, but i dont really like that, because i like the car is easy within transitions and it also makes me trust the car more, so i made it back to standard.

I also tried to give the car a -0.5/1 toe in at the front, as that made the car more stable to my liking, i have a tendency to hate snappy car's since my Mst xxx-d pro was snappy with almost everything you threw at it so i'm very pleased with the Dib, well spent money :)
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary