Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diffs diffs diffs
I've been looking around and I'm just ugh! Can someone give me the low down on a front one way, a gear diff and ball diff? Which would be the best for drifting? Thanks!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
SLIDE SIDEWAYS
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter: St_V3ngeance
If your drifting CS or 50/50 usually it's front one way diff and rear is locked/spool diff. RWD is either using locked/spool or ball diff.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
(04-08-2014, 12:46 AM)lougc8 Wrote:  If your drifting CS or 50/50 usually it's front one way diff and rear is locked/spool diff. RWD is either using locked/spool or ball diff.

Amen!

Here's the front-one way diff for your car: http://hpiracing.com/en/part/86042
[Image: 86042_86042_02p_314_235.jpg]

This will give you an e-brake effect when letting off the gas/braking.

Here's the method I used for locking the Sprint 2 stock rear diff: http://youtu.be/J75I_maZkrk

Worked like a charm. Best of luck!

-K
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
never used a oneway when i was 50/50 in Cs and now in Rwd still using diff ball..

is just your way to drive.. oneway will get you slower in the corner.. but is easier to run whit.. diff is a bit harder (not to much) but really funny and faster in the corner..

that's my opinion from my personal experience..
also wondering if lockimg the front is the same as this one way diff because this item is backordered until mid june. should I lock or should I wait.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
(06-01-2014, 03:38 PM)DELxJCdriftteam Wrote:  also wondering if lockimg the front is the same as this one way diff because this item is backordered until mid june. should I lock or should I wait.

locking both front and rear diffs will not give you the same affect as locked rear, front one-way.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
ok
thanks. ill try locking the rear first..then just waot until stock comes in on the front one ways. I heard it takes some getting used to for the front one way diffs. thanks.

sorry to jack your thread ST_vengeance. but hopefully this info can be useful to you too.

definitely lock the rear. you may find that you really like stock front/locked rear.
Fow on the E10 has been discontinued for no aparent reason

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(06-01-2014, 04:41 PM)robb41488 Wrote:  Fow on the E10 has been discontinued for no aparent reason

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

as is the case for a bunch of HPI option parts since the Hobbico deal. :(