Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domo's rwd d3 build
I have this in my old build thread, but I decided to make another thread because I want the amazing people at Driftmission to help me if they notice i'm doing something wrong or can help me make my car better. So here it is...

Front diff taken out

[img][Image: Nodiff_zps5881752a.jpg][/img]

The new alignment

[img][Image: Herrafrush_zps5431577b.jpg][/img]

Same alignment from the rear

[img][Image: Herrafrush2_zps86d48096.jpg][/img]

This is what my lock looks like without the kpi mod I plan to do

[img][Image: Hella-lockleft_zpscf450b48.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Hella-lockright_zps3b98dbd7.jpg][/img]

That's what I have done so far. I do plan on learning rwd without a gyro. If any of the gurus can give me any advice at all, it will be greatly appriciated!! I am waiting on some parts right now. When they get here, hopefully I can make a video!^^
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread^^

You can't do that. 45* ain't enough. You need 70* degree at least (its what they said)
Here's a mod that could be useful for you
http://www.drccentral.com/forums/lofiver...24614.html
Just do c-hub delete mod and Use r31 steering rack with a little extension on the steering and drilling (if required) to the chassis.
Sakura Zero S - Racer, part time drifter.
?????????? - ????
(10-23-2013, 05:49 PM)AmirF35 Wrote:  You can't do that. 45* ain't enough. You need 70* degree at least (its what they said)
Here's a mod that could be useful for you
http://www.drccentral.com/forums/lofiver...24614.html
Just do c-hub delete mod and Use r31 steering rack with a little extension on the steering and drilling (if required) to the chassis.

Very helpful!!!! I love the creativity he has. I wish he posted a pic of the underside so I can try it for myself.

Shaved the steering knuckles a little bit and it gave me a little more angle

[img][Image: New-newlockleft_zpsffd3862f.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: New-newlockright_zps7553c0bc.jpg][/img]

Dude. Keep adjusting and adjusting wont get you the lock needed.
Here's a list you should do and should buy:
Do:
-C-Hub Delete mod.
Buy:
-Offset Wheels (like 5mm+)
-Extended arm set (something like this by eagle racing myrcstation.com/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=5975
I don't know where you live I'll just put the product link from my country )
?????????? - ????
Update: The parts I had ordered came in and I installed them. Went to go test drive it and !!!!!BAM!!!!!, the f$#@ing rear drive belt snapped. Hopefully I will get a new one soon so I can post a video.

(10-24-2013, 10:22 AM)AmirF35 Wrote:  Dude. Keep adjusting and adjusting wont get you the lock needed.
Here's a list you should do and should buy:
Do:
-C-Hub Delete mod.
Buy:
-Offset Wheels (like 5mm+)
-Extended arm set (something like this by eagle racing myrcstation.com/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=5975
I don't know where you live I'll just put the product link from my country )

Thanks for the info

For anyone who's following my build, it won't be updated for a while because I broke the transmitter and the rear drive belt snapped. Stay tuned though!

Dude. Your rear belts must've been over tight with the tensioner. Try to make sure not to tight the belts or your belts will easily snap off. And I'd recommend a $19 transmitter that you can get from rcMart. I've just used it And its great for its price.
?????????? - ????
(10-27-2013, 08:39 AM)AmirF35 Wrote:  Dude. Your rear belts must've been over tight with the tensioner. Try to make sure not to tight the belts or your belts will easily snap off. And I'd recommend a $19 transmitter that you can get from rcMart. I've just used it And its great for its price.

It was too tight. I took it off. I will put it back when the new belt becomes slack

I will just order the FS-GT3B. I rather spend more money on the necessary parts/electronics

I got a d3 im working on a rwd setup.i have a frd type c im pulling all the front suspention from and putting it on. I am also machining a peice to replace the front oneway that is a belt tensioner.

Easily can get 80degrees. Good luck on yours.