Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domo's rwd d3 build
(10-29-2013, 04:04 PM)RubHamuSan Wrote:  I got a d3 im working on a rwd setup.i have a frd type c im pulling all the front suspention from and putting it on. I am also machining a peice to replace the front oneway that is a belt tensioner.

Easily can get 80degrees. Good luck on yours.

Sounds awesome. And thanks....I need the luck
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread^^

If you're looking for the front suspension arm from the FRD type-C as he mentioned, go look for Wrap-Up Y-arm.
Sakura Zero S - Racer, part time drifter.
?????????? - ????
hmm no gyro? brave choice on an FR chassis!
you can try R31-type suspension systems but they only give 65ish in lock (currently maxed out my r31 steering for my RWD 16FM R31).
i'd say WUN Y-arms are the go. I have WUN and just (literally tonight) installed the new Active Y arms. I can tell you that WUN ones are a lot easier to fit and don't need nearly as many shims and spacers. but make sure you buy yokomo type-c upper arms or equivalent and an MST hub with hub axle or equivalent
i'd also recommend attaching the upper links on the rear end to the lower arm. i used some long collars rising from the droop screw holes. makes the rear end hold itself a lot better
[Image: pgNNjza.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
(10-30-2013, 11:09 AM)Ebbicake Wrote:  hmm no gyro? brave choice on an FR chassis!
you can try R31-type suspension systems but they only give 65ish in lock (currently maxed out my r31 steering for my RWD 16FM R31).
i'd say WUN Y-arms are the go. I have WUN and just (literally tonight) installed the new Active Y arms. I can tell you that WUN ones are a lot easier to fit and don't need nearly as many shims and spacers. but make sure you buy yokomo type-c upper arms or equivalent and an MST hub with hub axle or equivalent
i'd also recommend attaching the upper links on the rear end to the lower arm. i used some long collars rising from the droop screw holes. makes the rear end hold itself a lot better

Thanks for the advice. Got any links?

Haven't heard anything from you for a while. Here's some links for the WUN Y-arms
banzaihobby.com/Wrap-Up-Next-0034-FD
Or
banzaihobby.com/Wrap-Up-Next-0025-FD

What tyres are you using?
?????????? - ????
I only have two sets of wheels. The sparkling tires that came with it and some hpi type-A

gonna need to turn them round or get some.the new mst tyres are sweet I just got some and I'm impressed.

there fr-f medium and hard
medium part#830004
hard is 830005
I got mine from rcroller for 7.40$ a pair IIRC
Lol All these recommendations for parts. I have no money for any of them. I just keep copying and pasting links and part #'s into the personal notepad

(11-01-2013, 11:05 PM)L3gTxDomo Wrote:  Lol All these recommendations for parts. I have no money for any of them. I just keep copying and pasting links and part #'s into the personal notepad

Of course all the recommend parts will cost you lotta money. RWD isn't easy and cheap, unless you have a job or you're smart enough to manage your money or you're smart enough to modify your car (i.e C-hub delete mod, custom parts (using cnc machine, and stuff like that) and whatever is possible
?????????? - ????
Update: I finally have some $$$ for parts. I will order the rear belt and a radio. Should be able to record a video soon