Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domo's rwd d3 build
I think that you need to put spacers on the suspension arms pins, also you can purchase some of this extensions http://banzaihobby.com/Wrap-Up-Next-0036-22 maybe those can fit and make your arms wider or maybe some of this also works http://tsuisohobby.bigcartel.com/product...less-steel take a look on those parts that can help you getting a better clearance on the steering.
Who says Yokomo?
YOKOMO DIB
YOKOMO
DRIFT PACKAGE
YOKOMO DRB
(11-23-2013, 11:17 PM)L3gTxDomo Wrote:  So I tried what Lougc8 showed me, but I didn't like it. It didn't really give me any more lock. And also with the aluminum upgraded c-hubs with my "Adjustable caster mod" gives it plenty of caster. The only thing restricting more turning angle is the fornt bulkhead and the knucles bumping the c-hub. This build might take a while to get it where I want it to be

Also: D3 owners How do you adjust the rear belt so it's not so tight? Do you put it in a certain hole in the bulkhead?

I can't really say if you really tried what I showed you, but that link on my last post show how much longer he extended the lower arms. Hmlr4657 is pretty much dead on about widening the lower suspension arms. Like I said you have most parts already to get your project on the right direction, just need to tweek it more with the correct settings and corresponding parts. You'll get there though, but don't give up on the parts you have already. Its a good way of wasting money if you do lol.

Picture is worth a thousand words
[Image: d73k.jpg]
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD
(11-24-2013, 10:26 PM)Hmlr4657 Wrote:  I think that you need to put spacers on the suspension arms pins, also you can purchase some of this extensions http://banzaihobby.com/Wrap-Up-Next-0036-22 maybe those can fit and make your arms wider or maybe some of this also works http://tsuisohobby.bigcartel.com/product...less-steel take a look on those parts that can help you getting a better clearance on the steering.

(11-24-2013, 10:44 PM)lougc8 Wrote:  
(11-23-2013, 11:17 PM)L3gTxDomo Wrote:  So I tried what Lougc8 showed me, but I didn't like it. It didn't really give me any more lock. And also with the aluminum upgraded c-hubs with my "Adjustable caster mod" gives it plenty of caster. The only thing restricting more turning angle is the fornt bulkhead and the knucles bumping the c-hub. This build might take a while to get it where I want it to be

Also: D3 owners How do you adjust the rear belt so it's not so tight? Do you put it in a certain hole in the bulkhead?

I can't really say if you really tried what I showed you, but that link on my last post show how much longer he extended the lower arms. Hmlr4657 is pretty much dead on about widening the lower suspension arms. Like I said you have most parts already to get your project on the right direction, just need to tweek it more with the correct settings and corresponding parts. You'll get there though, but don't give up on the parts you have already. Its a good way of wasting money if you do lol.

Picture is worth a thousand words
[Image: d73k.jpg]

Thanks for the advice guys!

-Hmlr4657 thanks for the links
-Lougc8 I will install them again the way you said to and take some pictures tomorrow. And from there on you can help me more
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread^^

actually you can pretty much see everything you need from that picture bro. You can tell how he spaced the arms and changed the adjuster to longer ones. I'd pm him personally as he can help you in what you need, but yeah its much better to keep posting pics of your progress and issues. Much better to diagnose that way and I'm sure people can give better suggestions from what they see.

Also this should help you out to correctly setup your upper arm mod.
[Image: Untitled_zps71241389.jpg]

Its important that the endlinks are on ball joints since this part goes up and down with the suspension. Then the part where its attached to the turnbuckle on the right side I circled, it needs to be properly secured so that you won't have side to side movement. Don't mine about the text on the right about the open ball and grub screw as I was thinking of a too confusing setup. You can just stick both end links on top of each other so its secure properly and no side to side movement.
[Image: secc.jpg]

You can use these open ended ball on the bottom first and screw another ball joint on top.
Or you can use the grub screw and the open ended ball to secure this type of end link to bottom first.
[Image: %24(KGrHqFHJBMFIpnBcJq4BSOgCWVLzw~~60_3.JPG]
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Thanks for the advice! I will try all of it tomorrow.

this is the ball end and grub screw I'm talking about that come with your new lower arm
[Image: Fuckthis_zpsfc023e7c.jpg]

That pic on my previous post also shows the steering extension for more steering angle

Edit again: just noticed you got upgraded steering wipers, widening the lower arm should provide enough angle with your new steering.
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Here's the pics

I didn't find any more open end ball screw thinger-majigies or grub screws to put on the turnbulckes for the camber adjustment, but I did find one for the other side of it.
[Image: Anti-rollmodballend_zps35a630bc.jpg]

Here are the arms re-installed with NO MOVEMENT! Thanks for that guys
[Image: Installed_zps10709e3a.jpg]

Lots O' caster
[Image: Lotsocaster_zpsffc84bc0.jpg]

Didn't give me more lock since I have the stock knuckles still. Also, the wheels bumps the damper(s)
[Image: Nolock_zps9d7038c7.jpg]

[Image: Stillnolock_zpsbb25698d.jpg]

Is there anything I did wrong or anything I should change?

Holy caster! check the above pic. I think its set too far forward compare the distance of the other setup. Much better now that we can see what you've done. Also you can use regular ball joint on the first pic. I meant the other side towards the knuckles that need open end ball joints
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
(11-25-2013, 09:02 PM)lougc8 Wrote:  Holy caster! check the above pic. I think its set too far forward compare the distance of the other setup. Much better now that we can see what you've done. Also you can use regular ball joint on the first pic. I meant the other side towards the knuckles that need open end ball joints

Still too much caster? I thought the more caster, the better. I actually had the arm further forward, but thought it was overkill. Either way, thanks for telling me

Yeah way too forward. Try only one of the thin spacer on the back side and the res of the spacers up front like the setup on my previous post. I'm sure you'll gain more steering that way.
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD