Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domo's rwd d3 build
Anyone know how to install these r31 knuckles without the c-hub?
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread^^

try MST's new arms and mod to fit!
(11-27-2013, 12:50 AM)pickled Wrote:  try MST's new arms and mod to fit!

Sounds interesting....Got any links????

Wassup y'all? How y'all been?

Anyways, I haven't really touched the chassis in a while because I have been so broke. I have recently gained a little bit of cash, so I ordered some parts. I plan to tear down and rebuild the chassis when all the parts get here. I have a question for the D3 owners( or anyone that can answer the question)......

Has any D3 owner had experience with the aluminum knuckles? Do they give more angle? I don't have money for the $50 MST ones lol

Should I order the WUN lower arms or keep the ones I have? If I order them, what else do I need to order with them?

That's all for now. Just waiting on stuff to get here. Happy holidays to y'all btw!!!!

Another question: What would I have to do/buy to install upper arms?

Are these knuckles legit?

[Image: Really_zpsy02ylj7n.jpg]

I see that people are viewing, but there is no way that THAT many of you can't help me out. I hope no one is just scrolling looking for pictures.

If you use wun lower arms you can use the mst up right then a wun upper arm you should be able to mount the upper arms to the shock tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-21-2013, 02:53 PM)L3gTxDomo Wrote:  Wassup y'all? How y'all been?

Anyways, I haven't really touched the chassis in a while because I have been so broke. I have recently gained a little bit of cash, so I ordered some parts. I plan to tear down and rebuild the chassis when all the parts get here. I have a question for the D3 owners( or anyone that can answer the question)......

Has any D3 owner had experience with the aluminum knuckles? Do they give more angle? I don't have money for the $50 MST ones lol

Should I order the WUN lower arms or keep the ones I have? If I order them, what else do I need to order with them?

That's all for now. Just waiting on stuff to get here. Happy holidays to y'all btw!!!!

If you are looking for knuckles, buy some plastic MST FXX-D knuckles, they'll be much cheaper, and offer the same adjustability as the aluminum ones.

With the MST plastic knuckles you'll gain steering angle as well. Another way to gain steering angle would be to make small extensions to your steering wipers to extend the throw on them. Play around with this until you get your desired angle/ackerman.

While the WUN lower arms are great, if you are on a tight budget, you can make your current arms work just fine.
Extend the front track by 8-10mm, and run a lower offset wheel to reduce scrub radius.
While extending the front track, you will have created more wheel clearance at full lock as well which will allow you to dial in more steering angle.

Also, it's probably a good idea to dial out some of that castor, looks like way too much.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Thanks for the help guys!=)

I had some spare parts from another chassis and made some upper arms that are amazing!(pictures coming soon)

If you're talking about these knuckles, I already ordered some yesterday Lol

I never understood that stuff about the track.....wider track with lower offset wheels, and higher offset wheels in the rear to match

(12-23-2013, 01:00 PM)L3gTxDomo Wrote:  If you're talking about these knuckles, I already ordered some yesterday Lol

I never understood that stuff about the track.....wider track with lower offset wheels, and higher offset wheels in the rear to match

Yes, those are the knuckles. You'll need the bearings and CVD ends to match.

Here's some real basic explanations/videos on Suspension Tuning that might help explain things.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD