Domo's rwd d3 build

180 Replies, 67218 Views

my best bet would be the over tightening of the belt. you want enough slack that you can stretch it enough that it wouldnt fight back at you. if it snaps back then you might have a problem
Aightt, thanks for the advice guys! The new belt should be here tomorrow.
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread:^^:

Did you do the C-Hub delete Mod?
Sakura Zero S - Racer, part time drifter.
?????????? - ????
(11-14-2013, 07:02 AM)AmirF35 Wrote: Did you do the C-Hub delete Mod?

Do you mean that "kpi" Mod? If s, then yes. I ordered some ball end lower arms and r31 knuckles. I also ordered aluminum steering wipers

Wiper and rear belt came.

[Image: Parts_zpsecd80d2d.jpg]

Installed

[Image: Aluwipers_zps9a4c7740.jpg]

New steering lock before the rest of the parts get here. I notice a difference in the amount of lock I have.

[Image: Aluright_zpsfd10f46e.jpg]

[Image: Aluleft_zps70a0e88d.jpg]

The body and paint came, but I forgot to take pics. I will also post them in another thread

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 04:41 AM by L3gTxDomo.)
As far as I know for C-Hub delete mod (or KPI thingy), the further the knuckles from the chassis, the more angle and room you can get. Check this guy out with his Dōripake and the Kazama DRB knuckles that he's using : http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-ant...oWaqssayc0
Since you ordered the R31 knuckles, I have never seen an R31 before, but I think it will work fine.
Sakura Zero S - Racer, part time drifter.
?????????? - ????
(11-15-2013, 04:02 AM)AmirF35 Wrote: As far as I know for C-Hub delete mod (or KPI thingy), the further the knuckles from the chassis, the more angle and room you can get. Check this guy out with his Dōripake and the Kazama DRB knuckles that he's using : http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-ant...oWaqssayc0
Since you ordered the R31 knuckles, I have never seen an R31 before, but I think it will work fine.

I'm pretty sure Combat_Drftr has them on his D3. That's where I got the idea from. I also ordered some ball end lower arms. Just waiting on them to get here

Here's those pics I said I was going to post. I am going to paint it whenever it gets a bit warmer outside. I will take any advice before I paint it.

The paint and body reamer
[Image: PaintandReamer_zpseb7f471d.jpg]

The body
[Image: IhasaMustang_zpseabd1f8d.jpg]

[Image: Before_zps092301c2.jpg]

[Image: After_zps3bad8376.jpg]

Not going to paint it until it gets a little warmer so the paint can stick better.

WAAAAZZZZZUUUUPPPPP!!!! First time painting a body. It came out horrible and i'm proud of it. Here's some pics(no hate plz)

Some mistakes I made in the beginning
[Image: Earlymistakes1_zps88c03013.jpg]

[Image: Earlymistakes2_zpscdd59363.jpg]

[Image: Earlymistakes3_zpse3483595.jpg]

Peeling back the film

[Image: Finishedpaint_zps5c817ded.jpg]

After some stickers

[Image: Finishedpaintandstickers_zpsd1112cbd.jpg]

Final product(I added WAAAYYYY more stickers than this)

[Image: Morestickers_zps02bf96df.jpg]

[Image: Done_zps8dc5e2f6.jpg][/color]

That's it for now until I get those damn parts I ordered about a week ago lol. Stupid slow boat

pretty good for first try. Is that a translucent blue? If so don't be too hard on yourself for mess up since translucents are not as easy to paint with.
[Image: 4028172207455215s.jpg]
Overdose Drift Package RWD
CER D08 Premium RWD
Yokomo DRB Overdose RWD
Ce-RX type R White Wolf RWD