Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DP-YD4
I'm thinking about getting the dp-yd4 as my first true drifter. Seeing as I'm a newbie with a fairly small budget, is this a decent car for me? Or should I look at another 4wd? My max budget is about 350
(02-03-2018, 10:14 PM)87 outlaw Wrote:  I'm thinking about getting the dp-yd4 as my first true drifter. Seeing as I'm a newbie with a fairly small budget, is this a decent car for me? Or should I look at another 4wd? My max budget is about 350

keep in mind this is the chassis only. 
You will have to buy the electronics, Radio combo, wheels/tires, charger, batteries, and a bodyshell. 
If $350 is your budget I suggest you go for a YD2 rather than a YD4. More than 60% of the RC Drift crowd is RWD. 
The YD2 should leave you about $150 left for the rest. 
You can get budget electronic like an onisiki combo from rcmart and then get a imax charger or something like that.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(02-05-2018, 10:43 AM)Tiger.T Wrote:  
(02-03-2018, 10:14 PM)87 outlaw Wrote:  I'm thinking about getting the dp-yd4 as my first true drifter. Seeing as I'm a newbie with a fairly small budget, is this a decent car for me? Or should I look at another 4wd? My max budget is about 350

keep in mind this is the chassis only. 
You will have to buy the electronics, Radio combo, wheels/tires, charger, batteries, and a bodyshell. 
If $350 is your budget I suggest you go for a YD2 rather than a YD4. More than 60% of the RC Drift crowd is RWD. 
The YD2 should leave you about $150 left for the rest. 
You can get budget electronic like an onisiki combo from rcmart and then get a imax charger or something like that.

At the moment, I'm not concerned about the electronics. I have some gear laying around that I'll use until I get new electronics.