Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drift E-brake?
Hi I saw a video on youtube of guys drifting and RWD chassis. I noticed and many others that they have a e brake style drifting. I have a D3 AWD with a lock diff and one way. I set my ECS to 100 % brake but I am still not getting that same style.

Is it possible to do they style of drifting with a AWD Chassis if so can someone tell me there TX set and ESC setup?
I don't think I can post youtube on here but if you search "  RC RWD DRIFT 2015年1月5日  "

you can see what I am talking about.

Thank you for your time and passion for R/c Drifting.
What wheels do you use ? What radio are you using ?
It's normal in rwd for the rear wheels to lock up to control the drift. It should be the same in awd. You can post youtube here.

Basically the less traction you have the more apparent the drift styles are. Even on awd try really hard tires and leave your controller EPA for brake at 100. I have my brakes at 50 EPA and it stills locks up.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(05-08-2017, 05:54 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  What wheels do you use ? What radio are you using ?
It's normal in rwd for the rear wheels to lock up to control the drift. It should be the same in awd. You can post youtube here.

Basically the less traction you have the more apparent the drift styles are. Even on awd try really hard tires and leave your controller EPA for brake at 100. I have my brakes at 50 EPA and it stills locks up.

Cool thanks for the info, I have a t drift tamiya tires , cheap Flysky TX. cheap Leopard ECS. Thanks for the info.

I set brake on ECS to 100% should I change it to 50% and just mess with the TX EPA brake % instead? 
Maybe it is the surface however in the video they are drifting on asphalt .
I know I need to practice too  

Here is the youtube video I saw the e brake style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5E1F-FDEuE

Thanks again for the help hope to get this e brake effect soon.
My ESC setting as follow. Forward /brake only.
Initial brake 27.5℅(I think that's the one it was default on esc)
Drag brake 0
Basically all on default except drag brake.

(05-08-2017, 06:10 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  My ESC setting as follow. Forward /brake only.
Initial brake 27.5℅(I think that's the one it was default on esc)
Drag brake 0
Basically all on default except drag brake.

Ok so going to set my ESC back to stock and just tune the Transmitter . On EPA sent break to 100% ?

Yes just make sure drag brake at 0. Transmitter brakes at default.

(05-08-2017, 06:21 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Yes just make sure drag brake at 0. Transmitter brakes at default.

Cool thanks, set the EPA at 60% reverse .
So when I let of power the Transmitter brakes at default ? and I should be getting the e brake effect?  Sorry trying to learn.
Try it out first. Without drag brake it should not. You still need to hit the brakes.