Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drift Noob (Yokomo Yd-2 Plus) Build
Try this again, original thread disappeared.

Won a yd-2 plus kit, have never done drifter. built it now I'm stuck picking electronics. Here's pics.

[Image: ecce7e139201ef9831f3415aca907ddf.jpg]
[Image: 6039c60b36a8715a2dcc9e55f2db8ff5.jpg]
[Image: a46ca5165051cbe05430588b977ecf6a.jpg]
[Image: 75a7d77b66eee973163b66b103adf7f9.jpg]
[Image: c600d5a35035f1f58707fbfc6e10fe83.jpg]
[Image: e70ee806c05da3ef3254e47aad0d627f.jpg]
[Image: 71868238364a9a071ccc50d3acbc9491.jpg]
[Image: 8269351f908b06a0b82367220d75c70d.jpg]
[Image: b1b9797df19e89ea340492c964b4a57c.jpg]
[Image: 15d56233298756bc17147407579bf850.jpg]
[Image: 52f15a44f66665260e1ed70496abcd5a.jpg]

Looking at using a castle sv3 motor esc combo I have already. Will that do the trick? Maybe someone could share a tune. I'm fairly new to radio control altogether so any tips are appreciated. Also I have been looking at a savox 1251mg it's the low pro version thoughts on that aswell. I think that's it for right now! Can't wait to get sideways!
? thread dissappeared
The 1251 mg is a very good servo from what I've heard and will be plenty quick enough and powerful enough for this. I have a castle sv3 and I wouldn't use that, it will cog at low speeds and generally be overkill, especially for a rwd drifter. I would run a brushed motor, since the sv3 supports it.
I would suggest a 10.5T sensored motor. Follow the included instructions and you should have a pretty decent starting point for a setup. You will want to match the tires to the type of surface that you will be drifting on. I'm using YOKZR-DRC0 DRC's on my YD-2 on smooth concrete. They are listed as carpet/p-tile tires but are working well on concrete at our local track.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
MST FXX-D
MST RMX 2.0S (on order)
Exceed RC MadPulse

(06-03-2017, 05:53 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  I would suggest a 10.5T sensored motor. Follow the included instructions and you should have a pretty decent starting point for a setup. You will want to match the tires to the type of surface that you will be drifting on. I'm using YOKZR-DRC0 DRC's on my YD-2 on smooth concrete. They are listed as carpet/p-tile tires but are working well on concrete at our local track.

Thanks for the reply. Why don't you point me in the direction of a good motor /esc combo. Spend my money lol. I will also be drifting smooth concrete. So I'll try your tire recommendation most definitley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-02-2017, 09:48 AM)Surge Wrote:  The 1251 mg is a very good servo from what I've heard and will be plenty quick enough and powerful enough for this. I have a castle sv3 and I wouldn't use that, it will cog at low speeds and generally be overkill, especially for a rwd drifter. I would run a brushed motor, since the sv3 supports it.

Great I'll get on ordering the servo than. Thanks for input.

(06-05-2017, 03:26 AM)Whiplash Wrote:  
(06-03-2017, 05:53 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  I would suggest a 10.5T sensored motor. Follow the included instructions and you should have a pretty decent starting point for a setup. You will want to match the tires to the type of surface that you will be drifting on. I'm using YOKZR-DRC0 DRC's on my YD-2 on smooth concrete. They are listed as carpet/p-tile tires but are working well on concrete at our local track.

Thanks for the reply. Why don't you point me in the direction of a good motor /esc combo. Spend my money lol. I will also be drifting smooth concrete. So I'll try your tire recommendation most definitley!

Dangerous comment lol. Spend according to your budget. If you can afford acuvance motor go for it. Pair it with Sanwa vortex v2, and mt-44 or m12s. I personally don't like bulky controllers. Lots of people go for omg and tekin too.

If you still are unsure about the hobby go for midrange like speed passion r / pro. combo.
Hobbywing is a decent brand but look for 120a and more. They are also manufacturing for yokomo from what I've heard. I don't know about yeah racing. The quality seems iffy to me. So I'd stay away from it.

I don't think you really need much more then a midrange. Turbo and boost functions are a feature on cement. They don't make a difference that much unless you are on a grippy place. It only sounds nice.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(06-05-2017, 04:02 AM)littlemonsta Wrote:  

Dangerous comment lol. Spend according to your budget. If you can afford acuvance motor go for it. Pair it with Sanwa vortex v2, and mt-44 or m12s. I personally don't like bulky controllers. Lots of people go for omg and tekin too.

If you still are unsure about the hobby go for midrange like speed passion r / pro. combo.
Hobbywing is a decent brand but look for 120a and more. They are also manufacturing for yokomo from what I've heard. I don't know about yeah racing. The quality seems iffy to me. So I'd stay away from it.

I don't think you really need much more then a midrange. Turbo and boost functions are a feature on cement. They don't make a difference that much unless you are on a grippy place. It only sounds nice.

Well put. Makes it a little easier decision wise. The kit only cost me twenty bucks soooo. My budget for this build is pretty significant. I usually build scale crawlers. But I happened to win this and the drift scene at the track is pretty decent can't wait to get sideways. I always struggle to pull the trigger on buying electronics. It's still mostly jibber jabber to me.

(06-05-2017, 04:02 AM)littlemonsta Wrote:  

Hobbywing is a decent brand but look for 120a and more. They are also manufacturing for yokomo from what I've heard.  I don't know about yeah racing. The quality seems iffy to me. So I'd stay away from it.

I bought a used Xrun esc motor combo from one of the guys at my local track. It is working well for me. If you go that route make sure you get a program card to go with it. Some of the guys at the LT are running Speed Passion.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
MST FXX-D
MST RMX 2.0S (on order)
Exceed RC MadPulse

Little update. I've got a servo. Went with omg. Gold to match
[Image: dd958b779b19faf1be2815d7cd7391a0.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YOKOMO Drift Package Type C Plus Chassis build Byron 17 6,630 05-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Byron
  Yokomo Drift Package build Byron 14 4,705 05-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Byron
  Another VIP Build, By a Noob EdPrez 2 1,620 08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Last Post: EdPrez