drifters TT01

13 Replies, 13742 Views

hey guys figured id put up a thread for my TT,
i bought it as an $80AUD rtr car, come with an rx7 body was the original tamiya shell.
for$80 i was really happy, especially to find out the car had a rear locked diff and a front one way...i was a little weary at first with the one way...but oh dam how i love it now! so much fun to drive so prredictable and easy to drive...wines its head off but hey i dont mind!.

I then bought my mate a tt01 as he wanted a car and we figured buying the same car would be a good start ( start for him, for me its been 3-4 years since i used a drift rc car) his car was a little dodgy but with some parts i bought it slides awesome now!

My car come with a stock HPI 15t motor and esc, but also come with a venom esc with LRP vector 15t brushed motor...i used this for literally a day and nope, flagged it off to my mates car nd bought a second hand 9t ezrun set up for cheap! its in my car ow and runs mint, went and bought a gt3b flysky radio and havent looked back, car is fu to drive and very predictable. since i got the car i bought the YR steering and front cvds rear dog bones rear C hub and front knuckles. after using the front knuckles for a little bit i found i could get more lock out of the stock knuckles, but after a chat with my dad, hes taken the YR knuckles to his work to modify them for more lock...will see how they turn out. im awaiting shipment of a pair of cvds for the rear of my car so i can use the rear c hubs. As for batterys i started out with your standard NMIH batterys but now have a pair of 4000MAH 25C zippy lipos and they go amazing! also about to upgrade servos! ill post a few pics from begining to where im at now and some of my past bodies too! if you have any tips im all ears cheers!

When i first got the car:
[Image: tt01D_zpsac80256f.jpeg]
[Image: tt01d3_zpse9d344a7.jpeg]

it then copped these goodies:
[Image: null_zpsf5edc7a6.jpg]

steering, knuckles and cvds:
[Image: null_zps3a21a0bf.jpg]

my 32gtr on meshies:
[Image: null_zps3dc00d52.jpg]

funny story i painted this body 3 or so years ago and got it back with the tt01 i bought lol

part 1

part 2:

the FDrx7 copped a bit of pig love:
[Image: null_zps84ac3ab9.jpg]

[Image: null_zps18d6bccd.jpg]
[Image: null_zps5150d675.jpg]

then went wheel shopping:
[Image: null_zps01994ab4.jpg]
[Image: null_zps2e6da857.jpg]
[Image: 01_727_zps9b5e8d1c.jpg]

Lock with YR knuckles:
[Image: null_zps6d297569.jpg]

Lock with standard knuckles:
[Image: null_zps07ea3d71.jpg]

now my gtr as it sits with new wheels :
[Image: null_zps7ae6562c.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 04:41 AM by drifter_0089.)
Very nice...love the low stanceSmile
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
nice cars man, what did you do to the stock knuckles?
Current: Tamiya / HPI

Future: MST
on the stock knuckles just like the YR knuckles there are 2 holes, i just moved the ball end to the front hole...currently have my YR knuckles at my dads work working on them to get even more lock from them Smile will post pics when done Smile
[Image: Pedobear_by_theeyeball1.png]
Wow great deal Smile
yeah i was pretty happy wth it myself!
[Image: Pedobear_by_theeyeball1.png]
(05-15-2013, 11:39 PM)drifter_0089 Wrote: on the stock knuckles just like the YR knuckles there are 2 holes, i just moved the ball end to the front hole...currently have my YR knuckles at my dads work working on them to get even more lock from them Smile will post pics when done Smile

Well that's great to hear.. I wanna see what you comeup with on the alloy arms.. Glad to see they worked out for you..
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
Mod in on aftermarket parts?!
(05-16-2013, 01:43 AM)RCPHREEK Wrote: Mod in on aftermarket parts?!

Yes... Many people here do it.. I will start to soon just to make parts fit and do what I want.. Lol...
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
Well that's a very great idea lol