Drifting Video Games

17 Replies, 6800 Views

For me, Xbox has to be forza4 for the visual and physics, and horzion for open world and etc.

Ps3/ps2 (rarely
Grid
GT5
D1GP(ps2)
Wangan Midnight (a little hard as it mainly highway racing) PS3
Initial D PS3

(10-06-2013, 08:43 PM)awdracer Wrote: i really want to play the initial d 4th stage on ps3 but looking at game play makes me dizzy

The game itself is good but it lacks a lot of physics. I have it and I rarely play my ps3 as I switched over to my xbox more regularly.

If you want, we could do a deal for it Wink
Gran Turismo + Logitech racing wheel = most realistic drift simulation experience ever. Each car handles different and you can tune suspension and such
(10-08-2013, 08:42 AM)Heru Farukon Wrote:
(10-06-2013, 08:43 PM)awdracer Wrote: i really want to play the initial d 4th stage on ps3 but looking at game play makes me dizzy

If you want, we could do a deal for it Wink

do you happen to have the online version of if?
(10-08-2013, 05:03 PM)johnny6 Wrote: Gran Turismo + Logitech racing wheel = most realistic drift simulation experience ever. Each car handles different and you can tune suspension and such

I remember drifting a lot on the PS2 gran turismo, it was really difficult to tune the car just right. While my RC is in progress I picked up Gran Turismo 6 for PS3.
3Racing Sakura D3 WIP thread
On PC - Race Driver: Grid + wheel and some handling modifications via the individual car configs is my fave.
I made an 11k rpm touge 86 based on the formula atlantic 4age etc, not for drifting but still epic fun on the touge courses.
Otherwise the only thing I change for the drift cars is to up the steering angle to 55 degrees (like VG lol) and sometimes lock the diff.

Grid is great because you can configure the handling to what you prefer via the .csv file in the car folder. Changing tire grip for touring makes it feel better. The issue with grid is that they use different "skid" characteristics for the different disciplines and this has to be altered in the database which is quite huge and daunting to work with. I have just started working on moving all the other cars to drift based handling and skid type, will then see if the slides are any more progressive and continue from there.

Here is an older tool for the .csv editing https://mega.co.nz/#F!t9hjRZbZ!xQ6Z70PjtZL0jN_H2i44Yw (run in compatibility mode for winxp if you have dll issues)
Here are some other ones for doing liveries etc: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

I was so disappointed with Grid Autosport, glad I didn't just buy it without trying it first.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76003619@N...438344104/

On consoles - Forza

Although I still play GT3 via emulator, I think it is the best Drifting GT.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 10:47 AM by Chickenman.)
See I love Grid but I only played it for Touring but I still had a lot of fun.

A lot of people hate Forza Horizon for drifting because it doesn't have tuning or configs but if you fully upgrade the car, it drifts like a 50/50 RC. No Countersteer involved, just initiate the drift and let it follow the radius it wants.

I really want to get Forza 4. Everyone says it's amazing for drifting but I have never played it.

Lol anyone have a copy they don't want and are willing to sell? Pm me.
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
for drifting I play any of the forza motorsports and forza horizon
signature
If u have xbox, get forza 4 bro. U can get forza horizon but I think cars are limited.
I cant speak for forza 5 cuz I never played it. Also their are still alot of people online on forza 4. Especially the drift scene. Even the honda guys and other draggers still drift.
Fun and addictive.:]

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD