Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EA r31 rwd steering
Hello all! I just bought a used r31 fm rwd chassis. The car seems fine, but seems like the steering have some issues. The problem is the steering posts.
The postsarm are being bend a little up and down when i turn. My servo i working hard couse of this and gets pretty hot. Using a savox 1257tg (0.07/ 10kg) the steering is smoth in all other way.

Is this a comon issue on this chassis? Any idea for some mods?
Sry for my english;p hope it made sence!

All help would be appreciated;)
(01-26-2015, 10:51 AM)Birkebeiner Wrote:  Hello all! I just bought a used r31 fm rwd chassis. The car seems fine, but seems like the steering have some issues. The problem is the steering posts.
The postsarm are being bend a little up and down when i turn. My servo i working hard couse of this and gets pretty hot. Using a savox 1257tg (0.07/ 10kg) the steering is smoth in all other way.

Post a picture or maybe even a video so we can see what you are talking about. If your servo is getting hot chances are the servo endpoints may not be set in your transmitter or the servo is not strong enough.
probably a buy a new rack, take it apart clean the bearing off and put back together, make sure there is not binding in other parts of the steering, if it doesnt turn back its binding, if its hard usually it rack alignment.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: tgdofficialwhitesidedec.png]
TeamGhostDrift@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/bostontgd
Thanks for the info! I got some new ballends and stuff today. Will try this out;) and check the EPA
Ever get anywhere with your r-31?
I had the same problem. What I did... I added a damper piston under each steering wipers, that allowed me to tight the wipers enough to get them tight. Also what you can do and that's what I'm planning to do is to cut the big screw that goes into the wipers, the thing is they are too long to be tighten enough.

That's the problem with eagle racing, you don't know what you'll get. Some of my friends got problem with that, some not.
(01-26-2015, 10:51 AM)Birkebeiner Wrote:  Hello all! I just bought a used r31 fm rwd chassis. The car seems fine, but seems like the steering have some issues. The problem is the steering posts.

i had the same problem.... its due to the ball cups... ive ordered the mst reinforced adjusters.... hopefully this solves the problem... ill update u guys in a week or so once i get the chance to install it and test it out. i went against going for the 4.3 ball studs and ball cups as i feel its a downgrade...   was looking for the most straightforward and cheapest fix.

other things i did to improve the steering... adding a spacer to the wiper arm for servo... added shims for both steering wipers.. now it seems super smooth.. now to test the ball cups :P