Ebbi's Streetjam ZEON MkIV

18 Replies, 10793 Views

Damn thats a sweet chassi..how much did this run you?..and how easy is it to get parts for this chassi or are there universal parts you can use from others?
YOKOMO- OUTCLIP DP-RWD-WIP
MST-FXXD S WIP
(02-28-2014, 03:37 AM)904xDRIFT Wrote: Damn thats a sweet chassi..how much did this run you?..and how easy is it to get parts for this chassi or are there universal parts you can use from others?

Awesome bit of kit, not great for parts though... CS is difficult because Streetjam doesn't produce CS gears - they have a reduction kit to give you 1.45 cs but that's about it... you have to use R31 house GRK2+ gears to get other CS.
Suspension is pretty normal - R31 style, plenty of aftermarket ones and stuff to use - Eagle, Kazama, streetjam, active, etc...
drivetrain wise it's all hopped up... so not much is needed there

In other news, SHELLS ROCKED UP!!!! Left to right:
1) Streetjam 290mm wheelbase Lexus GS - complete with extra aero kit :3
2) Yokomo 275mm Wheelbase Toyota FNATZ Chaser JZX100 Mark II
3) Yokomo 260mm (standard) Wheelbase Toyota Kunnyz Chaser JZX100
4) Yokomo 260mm (standard) Wheelbase Nissan C35 Laurel
[Image: 0BftKLQ.jpg]
[Image: pgNNjza.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
so you guys know. i found this the other day

http://www.westmt.com/products.html

its the link to the west mountain stuff!
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Looks awesome, i have been trying to make a decision between the ZEON and the R3R, but i ended up ordering an R3R with the LWB kit.

Have you driven the car much? does the LWB make much difference?
Quote:Looks awesome, i have been trying to make a decision between the ZEON and the R3R, but i ended up ordering an R3R with the LWB kit.

Have you driven the car much? does the LWB make much difference?

the LWB doesn't make that much difference if i'm honest, in this particular chassis. I set it up in standard WB the way i would normally setup a car and it was superbly smooth and manageable - that's with stock lock ~40 degrees, and 1.45cs. pulling it into ULWB without pulling the battery backwards makes it more tail happy. pulling the battery back, it's pretty good, a touch slower in transitions, but i generally don't notice it that much.

Quote:so you guys know. i found this the other day

http://www.westmt.com/products.html

its the link to the west mountain stuff!
Thanks for the links! Hayashi and myself checked them out because it's been impossible to find a bolt-in CS kit for the zeons... Unfortunately these potentially brilliant pieces is that they are no longer manufactured and we can't even ando from tetsujin couldn't get us any Sad

In other news! ULWB 'Suigintou' Lexus GS w/ Aero kit build has begun! --> http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-ebb...-suigintou

In other other news! UPGRADES!
1) Tailsliders front stiffeners
2) Active Hobby Adjustable Front lower arms for R31
3) Active Hobby Adjustable Rear lower arms for R31
4) new steering setup for the lock this car deserves!

STUFF:
[Image: mErWzYM.jpg]
Active rears vs SJ stock rears
[Image: uLcOlBF.jpg]
Tailsliders front stiffeners vs SJ stock stiffeners
[Image: i7QHd8s.jpg]
New steering angle! big plus
[Image: 626SQ8g.jpg]
[Image: tu7uHaG.jpg]

New CS kit imminent - should bring it up to around 1.8 Big Grin but it is the GRK kit so i will have to modify it a bit to fit :\
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
Nah you just need this part. I figured out the way the og owner did mine.

http://rc-art.net/product_eng/4580333340319

I found that here
http://ameblo.jp/tencho731/entry-11503999420.html

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
Yeah, i saw that! It's annoying because it came out about 3 weeks after i had already installed the GRK 11/39t front cs kit for GRK and had to hack away at the original spur holder to make it fit :\ unfortunately it only solves the front CS kit problem - although i wish it came out earlier and i'd have bought it in a heart beat. Oh well just have to break out the hand drill and do some DIY lathing to get this new GRK gear to sit correctly in the Zeon's housings.
in other news, getting the car running in 290mm wheelbase! with a new shell!
[Image: LgpFgov.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
Did you try running the gear without the little ring spacer? Supposedly the gears are straight drop-in

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
not on the MkIV they don't... unsure about mkIII or mkII - i know mk III's floating motor mount is very slightly back compare to the mkIV's. rear mount wise, GKR CS gears aren't perfectly compatible with zeon bearing housings on the gear case. there's a small 1mm lip on the input gear which obstructs and doesn't allow the gear to sit the whole way in the plate, leading to binding of the gears.

MkIV is out of action right now though Sad stole it's shocks for use on my FR-D. Until those shocks come in along with it's new motor, she ain't going to be seeing much action :\
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12