Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbi's WUN FR-D V2.0 build
Hey this is one badazz build. I remember that fd body from way back. What happened to the kds gyro? I also am running telebee and was thinking of upgrading to a kds 820. How does she handle. Thanks for sharing your build with us.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
Looks great ebbi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Quote: rudeboy03
Hey this is one badazz build. I remember that fd body from way back. What happened to the kds gyro? I also am running telebee and was thinking of upgrading to a kds 820. How does she handle. Thanks for sharing your build with us.

My KDS gyro bit the dust. not sure what happened, but it's very erratic and frantic. I've tried to dial it in with settings everywhere, but to no avail. It's probably just cocked - might have gotten too close to a magnet or had a minor power surg at some point...
When it was working, I found it quite good. However, the problem with it was that it slightly overcorrected and was very adamant about bringing the car back into line so you had to fight the gyro input - even with decreased gain settings. Became a little too much like 50/50 so I can't recommend it.

Telebee gyro seems to be working very well though! I like it, although time and more testing will tell how it goes.
one of my mates just bought one for his RWD D-Maxx and he's loving it too. It does the job

Quote: lougc8
looks great! Grabbing parts from another chassis to make the current project work reminds me of my build hehe. I've had to switch and mix and match parts before I got them or before deciding to buy.

haha yes! I had everything bought, but Rcmart has very slow shipping :\ So the shocks, new motor and sanwa servo just haven't arrived, and I got impatient >.<

Update: new Viper Motor is in! Might do a little video explaining what i'm on about with the viper's 'sound' on turbo compared to HW/SP.
[Image: TMxIQYY.jpg]
[Image: pgNNjza.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
So things changed quite a bit in the last year.
I was playing around with the FR-D and just couldn't find a setup. Can't say I meshed well with setting up front motor cars in general, though.

Anyhow, I went to Japan and spent a decent 7 weeks there on holidays. At the end of the trip I visited a bundle of RC shops in Tokyo and bought myself a Kazama GSX-R conversion kit and other parts.

The transfer of parts over to a full DP chassis meant I had a lot of spares floating around, and lo and behold, enough to make a whole new FR-D chassis from the ashes.

I built and then sold the chassis awhile ago (and I don't think it looked so great shortly after the new owner tried to sell it) but here it is anyhow.

I'm posting up my Kazama build at this link --> http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-wun...zama-gsx-r

[Image: mjxIPLI.jpg]
[Image: p5jE0rD.jpg]
[Image: CosVDcW.jpg]
[Image: SLJZr1d.jpg]
[Image: aVsRYaL.jpg]
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12
Sorry to see the chassis go, it was one of the inspirations I'm using for my FR-D. Also, is there a link to your Kazama build in your post or is that a placeholder?

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(12-20-2015, 10:54 AM)DriftGundam Wrote:  Sorry to see the chassis go, it was one of the inspirations I'm using for my FR-D.  Also, is there a link to your Kazama build in your post or is that a placeholder?

-Vic

Apologies, has been updated with link. 

Thanks for tuning in! The FR-D has been a fun journey, even though I didn't really like the way it handled. Was still a great chassis to build and fiddle with. I'm glad someone was able to derive some use out of my experience here :)
Kazama GSX-R Doripake
Tamiya TA-06 MS 
Sanwa M12