ESC Decision

5 Replies, 2891 Views

Hey guys,

First post in here but long time reader. I have a TA05 VDF which fully optioned with basic electronics ( Toro ESC, Exerun 8.5T and LRP A2-STX transmitter) Currently I'm looking to upgrade to the MST RMX-D VIP and want to upgrade me ESC at some stage too for more functionality then maybe grab a Acuvance BS later on to top it all off.  

I'm tossing up between the Sanwa Type D and the Acuvance Tachyon. So far all I have read they are both outstanding ESC's but the Tachyon can get quite hot and the Sanwa Type D can be adjusted from the transmitter ( does this have to be the d12 or Sanwa specifically or can it be any new age LCD transmitter?)

Thanks in advance guys,

Happy drifting Smile
As far as i know, the Sanwa NEEDS at least a Sanwa MT-4S or a M12 to work (SSL-programming).

But it is an awesome ESC, especially because of the RPM limiter, which let your drift car sound like a real one.

I dont know the Acuvance... but Tachyon... rebadged Keyence?

Personally i stick with my Toro 120A Big Grin One of the best ESC for cheap money.
[Image: RCDC_sig.png]
Hey man thanks for the reply! I have now found out since the original post that my ESC is damaged and I can't program it and currently it is programmed with no reverse brake which really sucks.. I think I'lol look more into the Sanwa ESC. Yea Acuvance is Keyence Smile

Cheers!
Spent a few hours on the track last night and having no drag or reverse brake really sucks.. massive over steer so will be getting a new esc soon. Still undecided on which one to get though, leaning towards the SUPER VORTEX TYPE-D as later on I can program it from a sanwa transmitter. I only have a crap-tastic one at the moment which is tedious at best with little to no adjustments....
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 11:01 AM by spool.)
the super vortex is a real nice ESC - i love the RPM-Lock function. It dont own it by myself but saw it by a friend.

Just be sure you own a Sanwa MT-4S (no MT-4) or M12 transmitter. It requires Sanwa SSL.
[Image: RCDC_sig.png]
Cool! Yea I will get getting a MT-4S in the next month or so. No idea when the ESC will turn up Banzai hobby decided to re-do their website and lost all accounts from the last 6 months so its adding to a big backlog of orders.. =(