esc + motor different brand

8 Replies, 3509 Views

Can I use the esc " Keyence Tachyon Airia" and "speed passion dokyo drift spec"?
Do they work together well?
Has someone them?
Thanks
never tried it but i do have an lrp motor on my novak gtb 2. mixing brands should be okay as long as you know they are compatible. sensored esc with sensored motor. stuff like that
as long as the amps are within acceptable level, they are both brushed/brushless and are both sensored/non-sensored you should be just fine.
Tachyon Aria are rated for 8.5t+(while using boost ect.), you shouldn't really use anything lower than that with them. As long as it's sensored, and 8.5t+ you can use any motor you want.

So as long as you don't have the 6.5T R Dokyo, you'll be just fine.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 08:03 PM by GenkiRF.)
(12-18-2013, 06:28 PM)ultimate_gatsu Wrote: Can I use the esc " Keyence Tachyon Airia" and "speed passion dokyo drift spec"?
Do they work together well?
Has someone them?
Thanks

I would consider using something different from the Dokyo.
I used it and I do not like the feeling of it running with a reventon R.
The motor is not smooth at all, very loud, but nothing like a drift noise.
It's more of a high pitch ball bearing noise that you'll hear, rather than a engine or drift noise.
If I may, I'd like to suggest you go for the latest Tenshock motors, they are amazingly smooth.
By far the smoothest I tried in almost 7 years of drifting.
As far as mixing, it's totally fine. I run a LRP SPX Stock comp with novak and Speed passion motors with no problems.
Right now I'm going for a speed passion esc with Tenshock motor.
Make sure you stay within ESC's motor T limit and you're set.
If Dokyo is only noise i don`t need it xD
Well, the new setup:
Tachyon airia esc and luxon KG 8.5T this setup need work good xD
(12-19-2013, 07:11 PM)ultimate_gatsu Wrote: If Dokyo is only noise i don`t need it xD
Well, the new setup:
Tachyon airia esc and luxon KG 8.5T this setup need work good xD

Yes the only thing about the Dokyo is the "Drift" noise.
You might as well stick to the V3.0 motors from speed passion and you'll be better of with that.
But by looking at your setup, it looks solid. What countersteer ratio are you running?
8.5T seesm a bit high, I hardly use the full potential of my 10.5. I do have a pretty high FDR though (above 11 lmao)
my cs is 200, but now run with 9T motor. Is a fast drift xD
(12-19-2013, 08:57 PM)ultimate_gatsu Wrote: my cs is 200, but now run with 9T motor. Is a fast drift xD

I was gona say. but I'm assuming your FDR must be reasonable then.