Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Build
Warning 
=S I'm building my first drift car and I really need help regarding electronic components. I already figured out I'm gonna be using the Sakura D4 (AWD), and don't plan on spending a ridiculous amount of money as I have basically no experience drifting at all. So If anyone can just help me with some basic things to get it'd be really helpful because I can't find anything regarding this type of thing.
(05-31-2017, 07:46 PM)S14Jake Wrote:  =S I'm building my first drift car and I really need help regarding electronic components. I already figured out I'm gonna be using the Sakura D4 (AWD), and don't plan on spending a ridiculous amount of money as I have basically no experience drifting at all. So If anyone can just help me with some basic things to get it'd be really helpful because I can't find anything regarding this type of thing.
Budget ?

You need :
Remote and receiver (usually together)
ESC
Motor
Servo

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(05-31-2017, 10:30 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  
(05-31-2017, 07:46 PM)S14Jake Wrote:  =S I'm building my first drift car and I really need help regarding electronic components. I already figured out I'm gonna be using the Sakura D4 (AWD), and don't plan on spending a ridiculous amount of money as I have basically no experience drifting at all. So If anyone can just help me with some basic things to get it'd be really helpful because I can't find anything regarding this type of thing.
Budget ?

You need :
ESC
Motor
Servo

For my budget I'm trying to keep it under $300 or less for everything.
Budget ?

You need :
ESC
Motor
Servo

I haven't used a lot of below items. But it fits the specs required. Below specs are super budget. And should serve beginners to the hobby.

Radio link radio /receiver RC 4g about USD 50. This radio is good for beginners. lots of things are adjustable. Be warned that it is fragile. Not recommended for young children to use.

ESC + motor speed passion s/r or you can try this combo http://www.rcmart.com/drun-60asl-4300kv-...=1560_1301

You can try this cheap servo. But be warned cheap servos don't last long. Normally I would recommend a Sanwa or savox or futaba. But since you are just starting out just go for a cheap one. Upgrade this if you want a more reliable one later

http://www.rcmart.com/feetech-profile-00...=1099_1025
(05-31-2017, 11:50 PM)S14Jake Wrote:  
Budget ?

You need :
ESC
Motor
Servo

I don't believe you can build a drift car with under or even near 300$...

Στάλθηκε από το Lenovo Z90-7 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(06-01-2017, 06:47 AM)Volante2016 Wrote:  I don't believe you can build a drift car with under or even near 300$...

Στάλθηκε από το Lenovo Z90-7 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I can get a whole setup even cheaper. With the clone hobbywing ESC from China. It works great. At 120a, it is better then a lot of ESCs out there. And to think of it I did plug my wires in reverse and watch my capacitor smoke. Let it cool down and it ran again. However the combo from rcmart seems decent for usd60. I would take one too. I just don't have a car to put it on.

Anyway his build is awd. It doesn't matter so much on precision. You need the servo speed and a decent motor.

You need only about 30degs of steering angle for awd. Don't need more. End to end servo at 0.07 secs is ok. 0.14 sec for 120 degs, thats good for a low end rwd too.

Electronics at USD 150. USD 120 for the d4 kit. USD 30 for the shell.
Thats a drift rtr car there for USD 300.

I have already paid 360 and still dont have a drift car!  Lol
Anyway, which combo is for 60 usd in RCMart? Is it brushless or not?
I am looking at a Skyrc combo on ebay (around 70 usd I believe) brushless sensored...!
You are doing a rwd car. You need more angle, you paid more for tires, body shell, hopups before the car runs.
You can run rwd d4 out of the box. You just have to maintain a 45 degree -60 degree angle in drifts.

Look at the link, omg 60a ESC + 4300kv motor. That's a bargain. No turbo but you don't need one. ( Its sensoreless)

Dang, to think about it I missed out a battery and charger. That would run it to USD 350 all in all.

Hello I'm new to drifting I'm building my first drift car I bought a fxx -D rwd I got 10.5 G3 motor from tekin Question is wat pion should I use to start off and a good servo to use I have a gyro that came with it is that a good one or get anther one one more question is wats a good set up on the toe and all thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk