Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First build, what parts (under $300)
http://www.rcmart.com/sakura-rwdsbk-drif...74332.html
Is the combo I'm looking at, I don't need anything crazy fancy, I just wanna drift. The combo comes with basically everything except a battery and charger I believe. Including the kit I have around $90 to spend on the rest of stuff, including little bits and pieces I need to finish the build. Battery, charger, and pinion so far, and recommendations for those parts?

I am absolutely brand new as well, I have close to no clue what I'm doing. If anyone has a guide I should watch, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
(08-03-2017, 11:19 PM)Retrom Wrote:  http://www.rcmart.com/sakura-rwdsbk-drif...74332.html
Is the combo I'm looking at, I don't need anything crazy fancy, I just wanna drift. The combo comes with basically everything except a battery and charger I believe. Including the kit I have around $90 to spend on the rest of stuff, including little bits and pieces I need to finish the build. Battery, charger, and pinion so far, and recommendations for those parts?

I am absolutely brand new as well, I have close to no clue what I'm doing. If anyone has a guide I should watch, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I recommend a pinion of 23-25t to start out with. Doesn't really matter which. FDR will be about 8 to 9. Speed adjustment will be from your controller. Suggest to start with 50℅ EPA then work upwards. Lipo and charger will probably finish your budget. Get a balanced charger.

Because this set comes with a brushed setup you will struggle on low throttle. But it will not stop you from drifting.

Suggested improvement that you need after :
1. Knuckles . Get the v2 plastic knuckles. It comes with full set bearings. It runs about 10usd. This will reduce binding.
2. Try starting out with 7mm hex adapters

If the rims still hit the top arms

3. Try off set rims . Standard rims are 3mm off set. You can go for 7mm off set. You can get spacers from local hardware shop to save money you can increase your offset by another 1.1 mm to 2.4mm

4. You will need drift tires. Out of the box tires are meant for carpet. Recommended tires will come from local track requirement.

Bear in mind that the more offset you run the tires stick out more. My D4 width is 212 mm so it sticks out of body by 12 mm on a 200mm body. It can't be helped. Just get wide bodykit after.

Later in you can upgrade your motor and ESC to a sensored burshless system.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Not a bad combo put plan on getting the Yeah Racing D4 upgrade ($100) you will need this to make the D4 a good drifter. I'm thinking you will also be wanting to upgrade the tx/rx in the not to distant future. That radio looks like what come with the cheap RTR RC vehicles, still should be okay to get you started.

I would start with a 20T pinion and also get a 21T, 22T, 23T & 19T, 18T, 17T, Robison Racing makes a set of gears for tuning then when you find the correct one you get their hardened one, so you can fine tune the speed. My favorite batteries are SMC shorty batteries. For a charger a Skyrc IMAX B6, some come with a power supply and others don't so beware that you will need a power supply. I started with one of these and then got this one so I could charge more than one battery at a time, UP120AC Duo Dual 2 Port (2x 12Amps, 2x 120Watts, 240Watts Total). I still use the B6, I carry it in my pit bag so I can charge at the track.

You will also want to pick up some basic tools, 7mm & 5.5mm nut drivers & some hardend hex drivers, small neddle nose pliers, small side cutters. A small flat blade screw drivers also come in handy at times.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

I disagree with the yr set. There are problems with that set. Lousy quality bearings for one. The stock bearings for 3 racing are better. You cannot reuse your original bearing either, the outer bearings are a different size.
Lower arms are fat. And you need to still modify a end ball joint to fit the arm. I would prefer to use MST lower arms and knuckles if I have the cash.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need r31-16fm parts list for full build normalus 4 993 07-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Last Post: DriftJunkie