Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First RC Drift Car
Warning 
Hi there this is my first time on these forums and I would like some feedback on a decision I'm trying to make. I live in Alaska where there are no true RC drift tracks but I am planning on making one up at my cabin where I have a large space to put a fun little layout. I am a sort of drift prodigy to everyone who knows me knows that if it can slide I'll slide it(Dirtbikes, Snowmobiles Side By Sides four wheelers and full on trucks). I want to buy a fun car that can be upgraded and will be reliable. However, I am worried that I'll learn and surpass 50/50 and CS drifting and go to a whole new setup. I think if I went straight to RWD that i would be able to learn it without to much trouble but am also a little worried about getting a good chassis so I can learn how to drift a little. I have done a lot of research and am currently leaning toward an MST FXX-D S or an HPI sprint 2 (If i can ever find one). Please give me some suggestions and tell me if I would be able to just go straight to RWD. Thanks for the Help!
Try the sakura d4 if if you want to do some Cs then move to rwd. Get the 4wd version. If you are bored of it take belt off and some minor mods you get a rwd.

Its not the best chassis, but you get the best of both worlds without a huge bill. There are tons of spare and mods that you can look at.

Don't expect the best rwd nor the best Cs in class. But it is still a competitive chassis and has served me well for a year and more.
I wouldn't tell you to get it if you wanted a pure cs or a pure rwd chassis.

Rwd learning curve is about a month or less. Cs could take you 3 -6 months and still not be an expert.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(12-23-2017, 06:19 AM)Hlittlemonsta Wrote:  Try the sakura d4 if if you want to do some Cs then move to rwd. Get the 4wd version. If you are bored of it take belt off and some minor mods you get a rwd.

Its not the best chassis, but you get the best of both worlds without a huge bill. There are tons of spare and mods that you can look at.

Don't expect the best rwd nor the best Cs in class. But it is still a competitive chassis and has served me well for a year and more.

Rwd learning curve is about a month or less. Cs could take you 3 -6 months  and still not be an expert.

Thanks for the advice, that was the other chassis i was looking at but where would i get one? I can never seem to find one.
(12-24-2017, 02:07 AM)AlaskaRc907 Wrote:  
(12-23-2017, 06:19 AM)Hlittlemonsta Wrote:  Try the sakura d4 if if you want to do some Cs then move to rwd. Get the 4wd version. If you are bored of it take belt off and some minor mods you get a rwd.

Rwd learning curve is about a month or less. Cs could take you 3 -6 months  and still not be an expert.

Thanks for the advice, that was the other chassis i was looking at but where would i get one? I can never seem to find one.

The D4? Its made by Sakura. RcMart.com is pretty popular with those kits and offer free shipping on the D4. MST make a RTR drifter to depending if you want a kit or RTR.
Sakura d4 is by 3racing

Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD